CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother’s Day 2013

IMG_9500 I got quite the array of cute drawings and craft projects from Autumn for Mother’s Day.  When she gave me this one she said, “Aren’t you so happy that I drew you skinny?”  LOL!

IMG_9501 She gave me a present that came in this brown paper bag that she had drawn such a cute picture on.  I also love the words on the ice cream cone.

IMG_9503 My favorite, though, had to be this tile w/ her hand print and a heart drawn in the middle.  This went right up on the mantle, which we all know is a place of great honor.  There’s even a cute poem on the back.

P1090769 Dad always gets Mom an orchid corsage to wear to church on Mother’s Day, and he’s always given me the past 5 years.  I look forward to such a thoughtful tradition every Mother’s Day.  I never know how to pin it on myself so it stays put, but I love it just the same.

P1090764 Me & my little Love Bug
(Don’t worry, she didn’t wear her hair like this to church)

P1090766 We haven’t done a silly face together in a while, so we had to get one.

P1090771 Church was really nice and my lesson in Young Women’s on patriarchal blessings went really well I think.  After church we went over to Mom & Dad’s house for dinner.  Autumn & I made my favorite spinach dip.  She did such a good of mixing all the ingredients together.

P1090774It was a nice Mother’s Day and I’m so happy I got to spend it w/ my very own mother dear & my Autumn girl.  I posted this on Facebook & wanted to share it here:

Happy Mother’s Day to ALL women.  Even if you’ve never given birth to a child, you’re still a mother to others around you by the ways you nurture and care and love.

I know some people weren’t fortunate to have a good Mother.  I once heard it said that if you have a bad relationship with your mother, or she wasn’t all you needed her to be, then Mother’s Day can be a day of forgiveness and healing.

I am eternally thankful that Heavenly Father sent me to my Mom and that we are the best of friends.  If I can only be a fraction of the mother she is, I will be so lucky.  I am also eternally thankful that Heavenly Father allowed me the privilege and honor of being Autumn’s Mom.

IMG_0884 Dad texted me this picture of Grandpa Johnson putting flowers on Grandma Johnson’s grave today.  SO TENDER!!!

No comments: