CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 8, 2013

And We’ll Have Fun, Fun, Fun

IMG_1007 My morning started early this morning!  My phone rang, but I was still 1/2 asleep & thought it was my alarm so I hit the snooze/off button & went back to sleep.  A few minutes later my phone rang again & I was awake enough to notice it was a Florida phone number.  I groggily said hello & heard a voice I know & love.  It was Mom & she was calling from Japan.  She called to say they were doing well and having fun, but are looking to coming home soon.  The connection was horrible & it kept cutting out, but it was good to talk to her for a little bit.  Since I was so awake by this point, it was hard to go back to sleep but I eventually did.

IMG_1008 I had to be at a Just Serve meeting at 8:00 at the church this morning.  A few people from the church research department met w/ us to find out how the program is going, what’s working, what’s not, etc.  Liz was a total life saver and watched Autumn for me so I could go to the meeting.

After it was over, I stopped by her house & got Autumn & we went over to Mom & Dad’s.  Their lawn had also gotten out of control in the past 2 weeks, so I mowed both the front and back yard.  I like mowing their lawn b/c they have a riding lawn mower and it’s fun to drive it around.

IMG_1010 By the time I was done, I was covered in grass and dirt, so I changed into my swimsuit and jumped into the pool.  It was cold and felt so refreshing.  I got out to water some of the plants and was SO HAPPY to see this mini zipper spider.  I hope it stays there and grows to be big, b/c we like watching zipper spiders.

IMG_1012 Liz & Liberty & Jacob came over to swim, and we threw together a hodge podge lunch.  They’re such laid back and fun friends, and we love having them come over.  Liberty looked so funny in Jacob’s towel.

IMG_1013 After they left Autumn & I cleaned up the house a bit, did some dishes, watched TV, and then went on a Mommy/Daughter date.  We treated ourselves to our favorite Italian restaurant as a pat on the back for making it through the past 2 weeks w/out any major mishaps.  After we ate, we walked down to WalMart to get a few groceries.  We went to Mom & Dad’s to make some key lime gooey bars for my lesson tomorrow.

P1090981 At 7:30 we went out to the ballpark for the annual Movie Night.  We got to take our blankets and pillows out on the field to watch Despicable Me up on the big screen.

P1090982 Autumn had a lot of energy, so I told her to run to the wall and run back.  She did that 3 different times and I timed her to see how fast she could do it.

IMG_1023 This year they passed out beach balls, glow sticks, and free popcorn.  I had to take a picture of Autumn leaning against me w/ her feet propped up on a beach ball while snacking on popcorn.  We’ve tripped the life fantastic, I tell ya!

P1090984 I asked someone sitting in front of us to take a picture.  I love this picture of us.

P1090985We didn’t stay the whole time, b/c I didn’t want to deal w/ all the traffic, plus I was getting bitten by mosquitoes even though I had sprayed myself w/ heavy duty bug spray.  Earlier in the day Liz & Liberty were telling us about the 1/2 price after 8 pm Sonic shakes.  So, Autumn & I stopped to get one.  She got the strawberry cheesecake & I got the coconut cream pie.  Hers was good, but mine didn’t have much coconut flavor.

We got home, I got her to bed, and then I stayed up until 1:00 am watching The Blind Side and working on editing pics and Project Life.  It was a day of non stop fun!

No comments: