CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Yucky Yard Work

IMG_0995 We had plans tonight for some friends to come over and swim.  However, they weren’t able to come so that left Autumn & I w/ an open Friday evening.  I decided it was time to finally tackle the dreaded task of mowing the lawn.  It hadn’t been mowed in almost 2 weeks, and w/ all the rain we’ve been getting, it was starting to look like a jungle.  It doesn’t look very tall in this pic where I mowed one line right down the middle of the yard, but you can kind of see it.

IMG_1001 This is a better idea of how bad it was.  These were all the clippings in the driveway, and I like how you can see that big circle of where I turned around to go down another row.

IMG_1002 After I mowed the lawn, I was on a roll so I decided to trim the other side of the tree that’s not over the driveway.  I cut off quite a bit!

IMG_1004 I didn’t have Nick here to help me step on them and push them down into the trash can, so I just did the best I could and left them like this for now.  It looks like I have a tree growing out of my trashcan.

P1090977I was so hot & sweaty when I was done that I came in the house, drank 2 big glasses of water, and laid down on the cold tile in the kitchen to cool off.  At 8:00, Autumn & I went over to the Lee’s so we could go decorate some doors.  Autumn decided to stay and watch a movie w/ Sis. Lee’s kids.  It was fun to drive around w/ just Sis. Lee and talk w/ her.  She’s has so much on her plate right now, but still makes time for things like this that will make the graduating Seniors feel important.  I’m so thankful that I get the opportunity to serve w/ her.

No comments: