CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 21, 2013

Celebrating The Longest Day Of The Year

IMG_9614Tonight the kids had lessons 45 minutes earlier than usual.  I guess the other parents forgot, b/c A & A were the only 2 kids there for the first 15 minutes.  It was awesome for them to have 1-on-1 time w/ Ms. Cis & Mr. Steve.  We love Ms. Cis!!!

IMG_9625 When we got back from swim lessons, I took the kids to Sonic for 1/2 price shakes to celebrate the longest day of the year & the official first day of summer.

IMG_9633 I wanted to try getting a silhouette shot (I was too close so they’re too light), and asked the kids what they thought of our fun party w/ shakes.  They said they loved it, so I had them make heart shapes w/ their hands.

IMG_9636You can’t tell in this picture, but the moon was super bright and big tonight.  Autumn wanted to pretend to hold it, and this was the best I could get her to do.  The kids had fun running around in their jammies and watching the sun go down.  I need to do more little things like this, and find small things to celebrate b/c every single day we have on this Earth is a gift.  Plus, it makes the kids feel special and learn to appreciate the small things as well.

1 comment:

Jen T said...

We are loving those 1/2 price sonic shakes this summer too!