CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Miss Independent Made Me Breakfast

P1100136 This morning Autumn woke me up at 7:40 & said she had a surprise for me and to come in the living room.  I REALLY wanted to just turn over and go back to sleep, but I dragged myself out of bed & followed her.  I am SO THANKFUL I did, b/c she had made us breakfast.  She wrote me this note (the 3rd bulleted item says “she snuggles up”.  She had a bowl of cereal for both of us, and she had put away the cereal & milk already so the kitchen was all clean!  I was so incredibly touched that she did such a loving & thoughtful thing all her own.  She’s been saying lately that she wants to be more independent, and this proved she’s ready for more independence & responsibility.

P1100139 We got ready for church & on the way there I had to get a picture when we were stopped at a stop light.  I couldn’t get over how grown up & pretty she looked when I glanced at her in the rearview mirror.  Her front teeth have pretty much grown in & she’s turning into such a beautiful girl on the inside & outside.

P1100147 After church we came home & changed before going over to Papa & Mimi’s.  We haven’t gotten a picture together in a long time, so we took one.  It’s so not fair that she’s got such dark brown skin & I’m so white.  Also, I just noticed that her hand is around my neck.  I promise she’s not trying to choke me.

P1100148In this one she was…just kidding.  We had to get a silly picture b/c that’s just how we are.  We had a nice & relaxing Sunday afternoon.  We ate lunch, watched a movie, and just had fun relaxing.  We played a few games and just enjoyed being together as a family.  I love being able to spiritually & emotionally & physically recharge on Sundays so I can face the coming work week.

No comments: