CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 21, 2013

creativeLIVE With Becky Higgins Day 2

IMG_1655 I naturally woke up at 5:00 am again b/c my body is still on Texas time.  I got ready for the day and was on the road by 6:00 am.  I wasn’t able to find a free parking spot today b/c traffic was heavier and it took me longer to get into the city.  So, I parked in a parking garage and had to stop and get a pic of this cool old fashioned looking limo!

IMG_1658 I LOVE this wall in the kitchen that has these “air rose” plants sitting in hooks.  Everyone at creativeLIVE has been so wonderful and made us feel so welcome.  But, I do feel a little out of place here just b/c everyone is so hipster-esque and I am so NOT!  LOL!  We had a really nice breakfast spread again this morning and then got busy filming.

IMG_1661 I noticed that we were filming in Studio C and had to laugh b/c of the comedy troup named Studio C.

IMG_1663 The first 2 morning segments were good and right before our lunch break they had us stand on the stage to get a picture of all of us.  I wanted to get a pic of all the great people that are behind the scenes making it all happen.  Plus all these people each took a camera of ours to take our pictures.  We’re a bunch of photo loving ladies, but what do you expect when we all love Project Life?  We want to document this huge event in our lives.

bhcl socks I have no idea why I decided to put my hand behind my back???  Note to self … it looks dumb in pics to do that.  You have to look at JKO’s socks.  He is a TRIP & we were razzing him yesterday about his fancy socks.  So, today he decided to show them off in the picture.

IMG_1665 For lunch today they had a Chinese food catered lunch.  It was delicious as usual.  The usual lunch tables were full, so we all went and sat in this fun room together to eat and talk.

IMG_1669 They had this huge flat screen TV in the lobby and we were all super excited to see that big names in the scrapbooking industry like Ali Edwards & Cathy Zielske were tweeting about it!!!

IMG_0836 This is what it looked like between breaks.  Becky’s brother Kevin (who is one of my cousin’s neighbors … small world) is just as nice as Becky is.  I love it that Becky just came and plopped down on the edge of the stage and was talking w/ us.  She’s so personable and wonderful

IMG_1671 Anyways, we finished the 4th taping today at 4:00 & I hit the road.  Even though I left earlier today than I did yesterday, it took longer to get home.  The traffic was really bad getting out of the city and in a few different spots on the freeway.  But, I’m proud of myself for being brave and driving in CA.  Hazel said that she was sick, so I went out for dinner.  She suggested this great burger joint called “The Habit.”  It was good, especially b/c the hamburger was really juicy and messy.  The messier the burger, the better it is in my book.

IMG_1672 I love it that in CA they have special parking spots for clean air vehicles.  I came back to Hazel’s, edited pics, and now I’m blogging while watching Footloose on Netflix.  I’m so sad that tomorrow is our last day w/ Becky.  Yet at the same time, I’m ready to get home and see my Autumn Girl.

4 comments:

Maribeth said...

Hi Lisa, I have been watching you on Creative Live, and went to your blog, it looks great! Hopped on over to the recipe blog and I will have to try some of those out. I will add a link to your blog from mine so I can visit yours daily. I don't do PL, but I got lots of ideas for using the pocket pages for all my extra photos, but I will embellish with my stash rather than purchasing the PL cards. Anyway, truly enjoying your blog. Maribeth

Katie said...

It has been super fun to see you on TV! I totally recognized you at once from The Mom Creative hop arounds :) I bet JKO was a personality, I could listen to his accent all day. You are brave for driving in San Fran. We used to live outside of the city across the Bay and I would never ever drive there. We did not really need to, having the BART to take in but I wouldn't have dared anyway.

Erika @ Scrapbook Obsession Blog said...

Thanks for mentioning your blog address on Creative Live. It's been fun watching you and the other ladies these last few days.

I'm from California and glad to here you had a great time in our beautiful state. Yes, we carry a stack of grocery bags in our cars, LOL.

Would love for you to visit my blog as well: ScrapbookObsessionBlog.com

Erika @ Scrapbook Obsession Blog said...

Sorry ... glad to "hear" ...