CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Daylight Savings & A Walk Around The Neighborhood

Daylight savings I saw this on Facebook & totally agree!  It wasn’t too hard this morning for us to get up for church this morning, but it must have been for other people (or else they forgot) b/c the chapel was less than half full when sacrament meeting started.  Autumn gave a talk in Primary and did a GREAT JOB!  I held up the pictures while she read the words on the back.  She even bore her testimony at the end all by herself, which is the first time she’s done that in public!  I was SO PROUD of her.

My lesson in Young Women’s was about “How can the Atonement help me during my trials?”  I gave each girl a piece of paper w/ one of the scriptures from the lesson, and then I gave them time to read it and write down some notes about that scripture.  Then they each shared what they had gleaned from the scripture about how the Atonement can help us.  When I was their age, I used to think the Atonement was just for BIG mistakes or sins, but it’s SO MUCH MORE THAN THAT.  That is the redeeming power of the Atonement, but there’s the whole other side of the ENABLING power of the Atonement.  It helps us with EVERYTHING, not just sins.  It was a great discussion, and I love hearing the Laurel’s insights & comments.

IMG_2523 As soon as church was over, Autumn & I went over to Mom & Dad’s house to have dinner all together before Mom leaves for Spain.  We had Ollie North chicken & Caesar salad & asparagus.  Mom’s flight was supposed to leave at 6:00, but she got a call saying it wouldn’t be leaving until 8:00.  I’m so excited for her to see Nate & Riannon & especially Baby Olivia, but we will miss her so much.  When Mom & Dad left for the airport, I made Autumn put away the computer b/c she had had way too much screen time today.  We decided to go on a walk since it was a beautiful 61 degrees outside.

IMG_2525 Autumn had fun following the cracks in the road.  I can’t wait to see more Spring flowers start to bloom!

IMG_2531 We searched for dandelion puffs on the way back to the house.  Autumn found quite a few.

IMG_2532 We had fun making wishes and blowing the seeds away.  We came home so she could have time to play and we also watched the season premiere of Once Upon A Time.  It was a lovely Sunday and even though it stinks to lose an hour of sleep, it was so WONDERFUL to have it be light so late tonight.  It means Spring (my favorite season) is on its way!

No comments: