CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 14, 2014

3 Callings & A Blood Moon

lunar eclipse Image FROM HERE

Tonight at 7:00 I had a Change The World (CTW) meeting at one of the local churches.  It’s going to be a big weekend of over 90 service projects, and I’m one of the project coordinators.  Mom was so wonderful & watched Autumn for me.  When I got home she brought up a good point that I hadn’t thought about.  She said that I’m being asked to do A LOT, especially since I’m a single Mom.  I’m a Laurel’s adviser, I’m on the stake Single Adult Committee, and I’m on the JustServe.org Committee.  That’s 3 callings!!!  For those not of my faith, that means that these aren’t things I signed up to do.  These are things I was asked to do. 

This week is full of activities for those callings.  I’m sharing this not to get sympathy or to say “woe is me,” but just to record this for my personal history.  Sunday during church I taught a lesson in Young Women’s (which I worked on a little bit every day last week).  Sunday night I was in charge of the Single Adult fireside (gone from 6:30 – 9:30 pm).  Tonight I had the CTW meeting (which is part of my Just Serve calling) from 7:00 – 8:30 pm.  Tuesday night the Sister Missionaries are coming over from 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm & then we’re giving them a ride home.  Wednesday night is our weekly Young Women’s activity from 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm.  Thursday I’m fasting all day for missionary work in our area.  Friday night is Priest/Laurel Prom & Sis. Lee & I are doing dinner for the Laurels that don’t have dates.

Some weeks are really busy like this where I have something going on for each of my 3 callings.  Other weeks are pretty low key.  I feel bad for the time that I’m away from Autumn & that Mom has to step in & watch her for me.  But when I start feeling guilty about it, I try and remind myself that “when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God.” (Mosiah 2:17)

Anyways, something interesting that happened tonight/Tuesday morning was the phenomenon of a “blood moon.”  I got up at 2:00 am to go out and see it, and it was cool to witness.  However, I didn’t take any pictures b/c I knew there would be professionals that would take amazing pictures like the one at the top of this post.  Nature never ceases to amaze me!

No comments: