CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Happy Administrative Professionals Day & A Relaxation & Rejuvenation YW Activity

IMG_3029 Today my boss, Ralph, came in w/ this beautiful plant for me.  He said it was for Administrative Professional’s Day!  What an incredibly kind & thoughtful surprise.  I didn’t even know it as APD!  I was going to take it home w/ me, but decided to leave it on my desk where I can enjoy it more b/c I’m rarely at home.

IMG_3037 We had dinner (chicken wanton salad) at Mom & Dad’s & had fun chatting w/ Aunt Sandy.  She’s staying at Mom & Dad’s for a few days to use Mom’s quilting machine.  I had to rush off to Young Women’s to get ready for our activity.  The Laurel’s class presidency decided they wanted to serve the Mia Maids & Beehives, so we had a night of Relaxation & Rejuvenation.  I started off by giving this little spiritual thought.  Then we had them split up into 4 groups & each group was assigned a station.  They would stay at that station for 10 – 15 minutes (depending on how much time we had to fill), and then I would have everyone rotate to the next station.

P1110697 One station was “Nail Nurturing” where they could soak their hands in some warm soapy water & then have their nails painted.

P1110701 Another station was the “Relaxation Room.”  It was just a little classroom next door and we had beach towels, pillows, & soft music playing.  I told the girls that when they rotated to that room that they couldn’t talk or use cell phones.  Only 1 of the 4 groups followed those rules.  I sat in that room just to make sure they didn’t leave & weren’t being crazy.  It was kind of sad to see how they couldn’t relax.  They couldn’t leave their cell phones alone for even 5 minutes.

P1110705 The next station was “Marvelous Massages.”  We had head massagers and back massagers.  We also had the option for just hand massages w/ good smelling lotion in case any of the girls felt uncomfortable having their backs massaged.

P1110706 The 4th station was the “Chatting Corner.”  Sis. Lee had brought some bowls of candy & chocolate & we had a few Laurels at that station who talked to the girls, offered advice, etc.  This seemed to be the favorite station.

P1110707 After the last rotation, I went to gather up the pillows & beach towels in the Relaxation Room & started laughing so hard when I saw that 2 of the Deacons had snuck in there to take naps.  LOL!  They crack me up.

P1110711Here’s the lovely ladies showing off their beautiful nails.  It was a fun activity & I’m glad it came together as well as it did.

No comments: