CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother’s Day 2014

IMG_3424 It’s a tradition that Dad gives Mom & me (and Lexie if she’s up here visiting) an orchid corsage for Mother’s Day.  Since he’s in Utah, he called Nate & had him sneakily take Autumn to the store yesterday (they said they were going to Sonic for 1/2 priced drinks) to get me a corsage so I would have one today!  Cue the tears!!!  Autumn was so excited to give it to me this morning.  She even let me do her hair for church!

IMG_3430 This adorable note she gave me made my heart melt.  It was accompanied w/ a book of coupons for things like an 8 minute foot massage, snuggling for 19 minutes, etc.  So precious.

IMG_3429 Church was really nice, and they handed out roses to all of the women over 18 after the meeting.  Then, the young men brought the left over roses to the Young Women, which I thought was so sweet & thoughtful.  I got to teach in Laurel’s today, and I taught about “How do I receive personal revelation.”

IMG_3431 After church, we went over to Mom & Dad’s to spend time w/ Nate & Riannon & Olivia.  They had a surprise for us … they had found 2 baby bunnies in the swimming pool!  Luckily they found them before the drowned.

IMG_3444They were so tiny and soft and fuzzy.  I love it, b/c bunnies are my favorite animal.  Anyways, for lunch we just did a “clean out the fridge” meal.  Autumn & I left at 4:30 to go pick up the sister missionaries.  I had signed up to feed them dinner tonight.  We came back to our house, had creamy crock pot chicken w/ rice, and I made a strawberry & cream pudding pie.  They asked about all the Project Life boxes in my formal living room, and we spent the next 30 minutes looking through my mission albums & talking about Project Life (they asked to, I didn’t make them). LOL!

We dropped them off at another member’s house so they could Skype w/ their Mom’s since it’s Mother’s Day.  Then Autumn & I rushed over to the Deckers b/c Zack was opening his mission call.  He is going to a mission in Washington State!  It was so exciting & fun to be there when he opened his call.  There were A LOT of people there.  Autumn played w/ the other kids while I talked and then we took Melanie home, and came home & I got Autumn to bed since it was already 8:30.  All in all, it was a great Mother’s Day.

No comments: