CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Happy 37th Anniversary, Mom & Dad! Happy 34th Birthday, Tara!

IMG_4170 Today is Mom & Dad’s 37th Wedding Anniversary.  They went to the Perot Museum in Dallas & were going to see a 3D movie about dinosaurs, but 2 minutes into the movie, the fire alarm went off and everyone had to evacuate.  They texted me this picture, and I posted it on Facebook w/ this caption:

“Happy 37th Anniversary to these 2 crazy kids today. I'm SO THANKFUL that I belong to them and they belong to me. I for sure hit the parent jackpot. I'm glad that 37 years ago they were sealed together for time & all eternity in the Provo, UT temple. Here's to another 37 years!!! LOVE YOU BOTH!!!”

P1110936 Today is also Tara’s 34th birthday.  She died almost 6 years ago, and I miss her terribly.  We are best friends.  Jeremy (her brother), Deb (her Mom), Rachel (her best friend & roommate in college) & I all met up at Cracker Barrel (one of her favorite restaurants) to celebrate her.  I ordered what her & I would always get when we’d go to Cracker Barrel … chicken fried chicken w/ mashed potatoes, fried okra, & fried apples.  I brought these little party hats & leis for us to wear.

IMG_4176We all shared our favorite stories about Tara, and laughed and cried.  I’m so thankful that we were able to get together and celebrate our Tara that we love and miss so much.

No comments: