CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 23, 2014

2 Swim Parties & The Hotter ‘N’ Hell Hundred #5

IMG_4487 I got up this morning and went to the 7:30 session at the temple.  Mary was going to go w/ me, but her alarm didn’t go off.  I’m kind of grateful, b/c I ended up just sitting in the celestial room for about 40 minutes.  I am trying to get some answers as to who I need to put in 2 callings, but no answers were coming.  I still didn’t get the answers I need, but that’s OK.  I guess the Lord has His own timing, and I’ll know when I’m supposed to.  I’m not very good at being patient, so maybe He’s helping me learn some lessons.  I posted this silhouette picture on Facebook w/ this scripture, “Yield yourselves unto the Lord, and enter into his sanctuary, which he hath sanctified for ever: and serve the Lord your God..." ~2 Chronicles 30:8

I stopped by McDonald’s to grab a few $1 breakfast burritos (by the way I’m a fan of the new chorizo burrito) for Nick & Autumn.  I dropped them off at home, grabbed my swimsuit, and headed out the door.  I stopped at Kroger’s to get a can of peach pie filling and a bag of frozen raspberries.  That’s all you need to make the most delicious fruit salad.

P1120088 Usually we have our Super Saturday w/ the youth at the lake, but since there’s such a drought in Texas right now, there is just a big mud hole where the lake used to be.  So, instead we went to the Berrett’s house to swim and play and eat.  It was so much fun and the youth and leaders seemed to have a really great time.

P1120114 Super Saturday was from 11 – 2, and as soon as we were done I rushed home, picked up Autumn, and we sped down the freeway to Costco.  I had ordered a cheese & a combination pizza.  It was a ZOO there, so we hurried and got our pizzas and sped to Mom & Dad’s house for another swim party at 3:00.  We had invited 3 families over (Dakins, Poultons & Kraus’s) w/ kids that are all going to be in 2nd grade at the same school as Autumn.  That way the kids could spend some time together before starting school on Monday.  Everyone brought some food to share, and we just ate and swam and visited.  It was super fun!

P1120116The kids are all going to sleep super well tonight b/c they were swimming and playing for 3 hours!  After everyone left at 6:00, Autumn & I ran up to Winco to get some Lego candy for my lesson in YW tomorrow.  We got home at 8:00 & she was out like a light the second her head hit the pillow.

IMG_4489 Dad texted me these pics this afternoon after he had finished the Hotter ‘N’ Hell Hundred cycling event up in Wichita Falls.  I’m so glad he’s able to do fun things like this w/ Uncle Robert & Aunt Sandy.  What fun memories & what a great tradition. 

IMG_4492This is the 5th time year he’s done it!  What a guy!  We’ll be so glad when they’re home safe and sound tomorrow.

No comments: