CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Shrimp Boil & Stuck In The Mud

IMG_2677 We had Stake Conference today, but we skipped and went to church at the young single adult ward where Uncle Robert & Aunt Sandy are in charge.  It’s such a small branch, so I think their sacrament meeting numbers were doubled by us being there.  We left after sacrament meeting and went back to Aunt Sandy & Uncle Robert’s house for a shrimp boil.  We are so lucky & blessed to have so much family so close.  I love it that we get together so often and that Autumn gets a chance to know some of her extended family.

IMG_4894 Aunt Sandy had this super yummy treat for us.  It’s cinnamon & sugar chips with a fruit salsa.  It was really good and healthy, too.

IMG_4896 After everyone ate, they went to the farm to try out the new zip line Uncle Robert had put up.  I stayed at the house and took a nap and loved on Heather & Rocky’s new baby.  Baby River is only 5 days old & I was in 7th heaven (although it looks like Baby River isn’t).

IMG_4897 When everyone got back from the farm, I heard Autumn had quite the adventure.  I’m glad Dad was there to take pics for me.  The pond at the farm has dried up, so Autumn went investigating.  I guess she didn’t realize how muddy it was and before she knew it, she was STUCK!  She even lost one of her shoes in the mud that was not retrieved.  They had to use a big stick to help pull her out.  She’s wearing her nice church dress b/c she decided to pack her short cheer shorts to change into & I vetoed that super quick.  She knows better than to wear short shorts so I made her put her dress back on.  I’m glad it ended well and that it’s now a fun story to tell.

IMG_2684Uncle Kerry & Aunt Tafta were here visiting, so we had to get a picture of the 3 siblings together.  We had dessert, watched a little bit of the Cowboys game, and then hit the road for home around 5:00.  I was done for the day and just wanted a little peace & quiet so we came back to our house instead of going over to Mom & Dad’s house.  Autumn & I just relaxed and watched Once Upon A Time & got ready for the coming week.  It was a super fun Sunday!

No comments: