CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Opossum, Bottle Cap Jewelry & Brownies

IMG_5052 This morning as Autumn & I were leaving to go home and get ready for the day, we heard a noise when we walked out of the gate around Mom & Dad’s pool.  The live trap had a opossum inside!!!  They look so cute from afar, but when I got a little closer to snap a pic, it started hissing at me.  I texted Nate about it when I got to work and he and Riannon took it and released it near the lake.

IMG_5054 Tonight for Young Women’s, the Laurels met off site b/c they 16 & 17 year old boys were cooking then dinner to pass of a merit badge.  But, I kept having a feeling all week that I needed to be at the church tonight.  So, I switched w/ one of the Beehive leaders.  The Beehives made cute bottle cap necklaces.  It was way easier to do than I thought it would be.  Luckily, I came prepared w/ something to fill the rest of the time in case we got done early (which we did).  I love the book, “You are special” by Max Lucado, and a few months ago I found a VHS movie of the book that I had.  So, I brought that and we watched that and then talked about it.  It was a good activity and the Beehives are really fun to be around.

IMG_5055We spent the night at Mom & Dad’s again, b/c I got home so late from Young Women’s.  I’ve learned that being the YW Pres means I also get to be a taxi service and pick girls up and take them home.  I was getting ornery about it a few weeks ago, but then I changed my attitude b/c it’s a great chance to spend quality time w/ the girls I take home and have good conversations and get to know them better.  When I got back to Mom & Dad’s house, I made THREE pans of brownies.  2 for a D&D (discussion & dessert) w/ some of the YW at my house, and one pan for us to eat tonight.  Nate added crushed up kit kat bars & chocolate chips to our pan of brownies and they were GOOD!  I stayed up until 1:00 am blogging & watching Hitch.

No comments: