CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Veteran’s Day, Aleina, & Shannon

IMG_7447 I am SO THANKFUL for ALL Veterans, but especially for these 2 outstanding gents (and Riannon) that I know and love.

IMG_5121 On the way home today I stopped by WalMart to pick up over 170 pictures that I printed off.  Most of those are for the cheerleading coach presents that I’m putting together for Autumn’s coaches.  While I was at WalMart I grabbed a Subway sandwich for Autumn & I to share b/c I knew we wouldn’t have a lot of time for dinner tonight.  We scarfed down our sandwiches in the car & then went and picked up Aleina at 6:00.  Her brother is a football player on the team that Autumn cheers for, AND they’re in our ward!  I didn’t even put two and two together until a few weeks ago!  Aleina & I bonded at one of the football games b/c we were talking about Polynesians since she’s Tongan, and she said she could help Autumn w/ her cartwheel.  So, we had her over to play tonight.  She’s 10, and Autumn’s almost 8 so they make a cute pair.

IMG_5122We took Aleina home at 7:30, and then we came home, I got Autumn to bed, and Shannon came over around 9:00.  We both felt like we needed some D&D (dessert & discussion) since she was released, and we haven’t gotten to talk like we used to.  It was SO WONDERFUL to vent to each other and just talk and share what’s going on in our lives.  She’s such a phenomenal woman & I admire her so much.  It was just what my spirit needed!

1 comment:

packmom said...

Hey there! It's been awhile. Thanks so much for always leaving such great comments on my blog. You are such a sweet person. Autumn has grown so much and is just so beautiful. I'll try to visit more often. Once the mom creative link ups changed I lost touch with a lot of people but found you again :0)