CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Happy 12/13/14

IMG_3279 This morning I got up at 7:30 so I could get ready for the day and head over to Mom & Dad’s.  I got Autumn ready, did her hair, and then we had to snap some pics of Autumn & Olivia together in their cute Santa dresses.  They are such cute Christmas cousins.

IMG_3297 At 8:30 we went to Autumn’s daycare for pictures w/ Santa & breakfast.  They did a very nice job. I’ll have to post the Santa pics when they are emailed to us from the professional photographer.  Nate was so happy b/c they got a few cute pics of Olivia smiling at Santa & then she started crying.  He was more happy about the crying pictures than the smiling pictures.  LOL!

IMG_3300 After the pics & breakfast, Autumn & I rushed home to get her all packed up and then I got myself all packed up.  We ran a few errands & then went over to Curt & Mary’s at 11:00.  Curt had called yesterday to invite us over to decorate gingerbread houses w/ them.  Billy was there & I had to snap a pic of Curt & Billy in their nice church clothes b/c they had just gotten back from doing a session at the temple.  We’re all so proud of Billy for being baptized, and now he’ll be going on a mission next month!!!  Poor Curt has a black eye b/c he got hit in the face w/ a hockey puck a few days ago!

IMG_3303 Mary is so much fun & so over the top!  Look at how many bowls of candy she had for the kids to use.  I personally am not a fan of gingerbread houses b/c it’s such a waste of money & candy.  I’d rather eat the candy than stick it on a house for decoration.

IMG_3307 First of all, I have no idea what are up w/ Autumn & Curt’s faces in this pic.  LOL!  Mary had the graham cracker houses (so much better than gingerbread) already put together so all the kids had to do was add frosting and candy.  They all had such a good time.  Autumn & I were going to leave at noon so I could drop her off at the house she’ll be staying at all week.  But, they weren’t done decorating their houses yet so Curt & Mary offered to drop her off over there when they were done.  I am beyond blessed to have some of the greatest & most generous people as friends.

IMG_3319 Nate & Riannon wanted some family pictures before we left.  I LOVE this one of their cute little family.

IMG_5414 Britt picked us up at 1:00 in his big huge van so that all 4 of us & our luggage would fit.  He dropped us off at the airport and we got checked in just great.  The lady helping us check in was an ANGEL and allowed us to check all 4 of our bags for free on Nate’s military ID.  SO NICE!  Here we are while waiting to board the first plane.

IMG_5415 I never cease to be amazed at views like this.  Ancient rulers probably would have given their whole fortunes or kingdoms to experience flying.  I try not to think about the fact that we are thousands of feet above the Earth and that we’re hurtling through the sky at such high speeds.  It gets scary if I think about it too much.  Especially since this plane was so small.  I had to duck to get through the door of the plane, and then I couldn’t stand up straight once inside.  There was only one seat on the right, then the aisle, then 2 seats on the left!

IMG_5417 We were only in the air for 40 minutes before we landed in Houston.  I have no idea why we had to fly south to Houston only to turn around and get on another plane headed north to Utah.  But, that’s where the cheaper tickets were to, so that’s what we went with.  We got some really yummy food at Bull-ritos (kind of like Chipotle but better), and watched the Army/Navy football game on TV.

IMG_5424 Our flight from Houston to SLC felt like it was SO LONG!!!  It was a small plane too w/ only 2 seats on the right, the aisle, and 2 seats on the left.  Plus we were the very last row at the back of the plane & the engine was right by us.  We all had to wear earplugs.  The only bathroom on the plane was right behind our seats.  At one point, the pilot came back to use the bathroom and we joked w/ him and asked who was flying the plane.  Nate got so restless that he laid down in the middle of the aisle when the stewardesses were at the front of the plane.  I tried to take a nap but couldn’t.  Especially b/c Nate kept letting off SBD’s … silent but deadly farts.  PHEW!!!

IMG_5430 We FINALLY made it to SLC and I was so glad to stand up and stretch my legs.  I told Nate he had to stand by this poinsettia tree b/c it’s tradition.  We got our rental car (a nice mini van) & headed down to Provo.  It was so good to see Rick & Jill & Cade & Jeri.  Jana & Keith will be coming down tomorrow.  We ate some sandwiches for dinner, visited, and then called it a night!

No comments: