CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Touching Music Sunday

Maggart & Autumn First of all, Autumn probably doesn’t even miss me at all.  She is having the time of her life at our friend’s house.  They went to our ward for sacrament meeting b/c there were 2 mission homecoming talks.  Autumn got to see our home teacher and his family who moved last year for work.  I am sad I wasn’t there to see them, b/c they were the BEST home teachers and we love and miss them.  But I’m super happy that Autumn got to see them.  She had such a close bond w/ him.

IMG_5439 You can’t tell in this picture, but there were big huge snow flakes softly swirling and falling to the ground outside the window.  It was so picturesque & made us feel like we were inside a snow globe that had just been shaken up.  Nate & Dad made a really good breakfast casserole for everyone.  Then the 4 sisters got ready and headed down to the funeral home to pick out Rufio’s casket and make the funeral arrangements.

IMG_5447 Uncle Rick, Nate, Dad, & I went to Rufio’s ward at 11:00.  This is one of the hymns we sang, and the last verse really touched my heart today.

And our eyes at least shall see Him, through His own redeeming LOVE.
For that child so dear and gentle is our Lord in heav’n above.
And He leads His children on to the place where He is gone.

IMG_5450 Dad & Nate & I all got a kick out of all the scooters that were in the bushes outside the church.  We kept saying “only in Utah” would kids be able to ride their scooters to church in the snow … AND have them still be there when they went to leave!

IMG_5453 We had yummy chicken noodle soup that Keith & Jana had brought down for lunch.  Y’all, I have a feeling that if I’m not careful I’ll be gaining at least 5 pounds on this trip b/c of all the good food we have.  We relaxed, watched football, talked, laughed, and had fun being together.  Jana showed us the slideshow she had put together of pictures from Rufio’s life.  I was doing really well until towards the end and then I LOST it and was doing the sobbing ugly type of crying.  What an incredible woman my Rufio was.  Mom & Jana & I got these copies of the slideshow ready for all the grandkids.

I had planned on meeting up w/ Brenner & Jonesy so we could go to a Polynesian Christmas fireside together.  However, some things came up for both of them w/ their families and they couldn’t go.  I was NOT about to miss a chance to see some Polynesians sing, so I got the info from Jonesy, borrowed Aunt Jeri’s car, and drove myself to American Fork.  I am SO GLAD I went, b/c my friend Maka that I used to work with was there singing.  Also, Junior Maile was in the choir and sang and his voice is like none other I have ever heard.  I could sit and listen to him sing all night.  After the fireside, I went up and talked to both Maka & Junior.  What a great Christmas treat to be there and get to listen to them share their incredible talents.

IMG_5455 I got back home, and this reminder popped up on my phone!  I had it set in my calendar to call Rufio every Sunday night at 9:30 my time, 8:30 her time.  I am going to miss talking to her every Sunday night so much.  When she would answer I would always say, “Rufiooooooooooo!”  And she would say, “Is this my Lisa Maurice-eeee-oooo?”  I think I’ll leave this calendar reminder on my phone for a while to remind me of her.

No comments: