CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Year In Review 2014

January 2014: *Picked my One Little Word for the year ~ LIGHT
*Annual New Year’s Pool Dip & it was 40 degrees outside
*4th ~ Went to the temple w/ Mom (12 years to the day that I went through for the 1st time)
*Bought an Expedit shelving unit at IKEA for all my Project Life stuff & put it together w/ Nick
*Autumn became terrified of a character on a Scooby Doo show called “The Woodsman”
*Took Autumn out for frozen yogurt for good grades on her report card
*We drove down to Austin for Adam’s baby blessing
*Dinner at Liz & Liberty’s house
*17th ~ Celebrated Autumn’s 7th Birthday by watching the Dakin kids overnight at their house
*Berretts came over to watch the NFL football playoffs
*New tires for my car at Costco & a girl’s night out w/ Mom & Autumn at Costco while we waited
*Alison’s baby shower
*Saw Gracie in the local high school’s play of Annie
*New Beginnings in Young Women’s
*Christine’s bridal shower
*Autumn & I went to a Frozen Sing-A-Long w/ Donna & Abbey
February 2014: *Christine got sealed in the Dallas Temple
*2nd ~ Olivia Clara Johnson was born
*Berretts came over for a Super Bowl party
*Grandpa Johnson turned 86
*Autumn got all funny/sassy at Young Women’s when we were recording a video
*Feb 6th ~ it snowed and it was scary driving in to work
*Mom & Dad brought me back some Café Rio from their skiing trip to Utah
*The winter Olympics started
*There was a fire at Nate & Riannon’s house in Spain, but no one was hurt … huge tender mercy!!!
*Shannon Lee gave me a DVD of Anne of Green Gables b/c my VCR ate my tape version
*Autumn started reading her first chapter books
*I spent Valentine’s Day curled up on the couch eating a Totino’s pizza & watching Pride & Prejudice
*Liz & I went to the Stake Women’s Conference together
*Celebrated Melanie’s birthday at Chuy’s & then went to Kari’s to play cards
*Autumn earned points for a crepe
*We got to “dog sit” Emma
*Tried my first Mardi Gras King Cake
*Mini missions w/ the Laurels
*Autumn got a note home from her teacher about how bad she was for a substitute teacher! L
*Autumn got lice from school again
March 2014: *Autumn & I went to the Adriatica subdivision & had a picnic
*The roads got iced over
*Autumn became obsessed w/ watching Shark Boy & Lava Girl
*I got to see the new temple video
*Mom flew to Spain to spend time w/ Baby Olivia
*Pizza picnic party at the park w/ Liz & Liberty
*Open House at Autumn’s school
*Maureen (my visiting teaching partner) got married & we went to the wedding & reception
*Fun basketball game w/ Dad & the Dakins
*Dinner at Café del Rio for the 1st time
*Autumn had a major melt down b/c I cut her pants into shorts since they had holes in the knees
*We planted a new magnolia tree in our yard
*Free tickets to a hockey game from Autumn’s daycare
*Autumn is obsessed w/ Rainbow Looms
*Dad went to Spain to visit for 2 weeks& he and Mom will come home together
*I hosted a Project Life party at my house that was a complete flop
*Autumn went to Women’s General Broadcast w/ me & it was such a neat/spiritual experience
April 2014: *Autumn & I had a pizza picnic in the driveway
*I did indexing for the first time
*Someone went on a shooting spree at Ft. Hood again! L
*Scary hail storm w/ hail the size of quarters up to golf balls
*Trek preparation walk at the park & General Conference
*Mom & Dad are home from Spain
*Girl’s Weekend Away (at Mom & Dad’s house) w/ Mary, Kari & Melanie
*Painted fire hydrants for a YW activity
*Priest/Laurel prom dinner at Sis. Lee’s house
*Easter at Uncle Robert & Aunt Sandy’s farm
*Helped Dad replace Mr. Jim’s mailbox that the pizza delivery guy ran over
*Pictures of Autumn in the blue bonnets
*Really cool spring lightning storm
*Garage sale flop
*Single Adult luau
*My work laptop died
May 2014: *Carnival open house at Autumn’s daycare
*Nate, Riannon, & Baby Olivia came to visit, our 1st time to meet Olivia
*May 8th ~ Nate & Riannon’s anniversary
*Curt’s goat hurt it’s leg so Dad splinted it & duct taped it together and we got to help
*10th ~ Mom & Dad went to Utah to surprise Rufio for her 87th birthday party
*Mother’s Day
*Baseball in the backyard
*Shrimp boil for Maggie’s birthday
*They are repaving the roads in Mom & Dad’s neighborhood
*Family pictures
*Mom & Dad got the roof of their house replaced
*Mom literally cut the shirt off my back
*Aaron N & his son came over for a swim party so we could finally meet … complete flop!
*Liz’s birthday (I gave her a PL book off pics of us since I’ve known her)
*The Elders were walking down the road so we treated them to ½ price shakes at Sonic
*Sis. Lewis (in Mom & Dad’s ward) was killed in a head-on collision (the other car’s fault)
June 2014: *Liberty’s birthday party
*Lunch w/ Jeremy (Tara’s brother) & Brian
*Dakins came over for a swim party
*Dad was at trek all week
*Olivia & Riannon went back to Spain
*Dinner at Café del Rio b/c Autumn got good grades this year
*Youth temple trip on Friday the 13th
*Flag Day party at Tyler & Emily’s
*Movie night at the baseball park w/ Donna & Abbey
*Father’s Day
*Swim lessons w/ Ms. Cis
*We became obsessed w/ “dirty diet Cokes” (add lime juice & coconut syrup)
*Old pest control company swim party
*Took the kids to see “How To Train Your Dragon 2”
*22nd ~ Mimi’s 58th birthday
*23rd ~ Lexie’s 31st birthday

*The kids put on a talent show for us
*Mom & Lexie & I stayed up late watching Anne of Green Gables
*We went to a meeting for Autumn to meet her new cheer team (The Lions)
*Local city’s big 4th of July party & fireworks
*FHE w/ Liz & Liberty & Jacob
July 2014: *4th of July w/ the family & fireworks
*We got to “dog sit” Emma again
*Mom & Dad met w/ the professor from BYU about the Jerusalem Center
*Autumn’s first cheer practice w/ the Lions
*Helped Monzingo’s move into their new house
*15th ~ Mom & Dad’s 37th Anniversary
*15th ~ Dinner at Cracker Barrel w/ Deb, Jeremy, & Rachel to celebrate Tara’s birthday

*Autumn got a really bad bug bite on her leg
*Mom & Dad went to Puerto Rico w/ Rett & Darcy
*Swim party w/ the Dakins
*Aunt Jill, Uncle Rick, Cade & Bri came to visit and go to a Rangers/Yankees baseball game
August 2014: *2nd ~ Went to Austin for Andrew’s baptism
*Dinner & a movie (Hercules w/ the Rock) with Liz
*Mom & Mary & I went and saw “The Hundred Foot Journey”
*Mom & I went to the temple together
*Monzingos came over for a swim party & ice cream parade dessert
*Autumn got to Face Time with Jewelsy
*15th ~ Autumn & I had a “Mama/Daughter Day” since we didn’t get to go on vacation this summer
*Went to Lowes to see the high school band march through
*Game night at Curt & Mary’s
*Papa took Autumn to the Perot Museum
*Mimi tried teaching Autumn how to hand sew
*We got to meet Autumn’s 2nd grade teacher at “Meet The Teacher Night”
*Super Saturday w/ the youth & an end-of-summer swim party w/ Dakins & Poultons
*Dad rode in the Hotter-N-Hell Hundred bike ride w/ Robert & Sandy for the FIFTH time!
*24th ~ I got called to be the Young Women’s President in my ward
*25th ~ Autumn’s first day of 2nd grade
*My last Stake Single Adult Committee meeting
*Autumn spilled a HUGE container of cheese puffs on the floor of the car
*Autumn’s first cheer game of the season
September 2014: *Jackson came to stay for a week & we got to watch him while Mom& Dad were at the Berrett’s lake house for Labor Day
*Autumn’s cheer team did the ALS ice bucket challenge
*Lexie & I went to Time Out For Women
*Dad sliced his finger open on the horn of the metal bull towel holder
*Young Women In Excellence & I gave all the Young Women an “all that matters is love” tile
*13th ~ Papa’s 59th birthday
*I got sick & stayed home from work
*Cane’s Chicken Catastrophe at Young Women’s
*Mom & Mary went on quilt hop weekend
*Put on my last Single Adult dance
*Season 5 of Downton Abbey started in England, so I watched it on my laptop
*22nd ~ Nick’s 29th birthday
*Started optional monthly movie nights at my house for the Young Women (Oklahoma!)
*26th ~ went to the temple to honor the 6 year anniversary of Tara’s death
*Princess & The Moon play w/ Liz & Autumn
*General Women’s Meeting w/ Autumn
*Mom & Dad went on a road trip to Mt. Rushmore & drove through Ponca City
October 2014: *On Mom & Dad’s road trip they helped an American Indian named Stanley Little Thunder
*3rd ~ Nate & Riannon& Olivia moved back from Spain b/c the military is downsizing & cut Nate
*Autumn fell at school & hit the back of her head so we had an Autumn/Mama Day
*Autumn’s cheer team had a game down at the SMU campus in Dallas
*General Conference w/ the Monzingos
*Nate ran in a half marathon & we handed out water to the runners in Mom& Dad’s back yard
*Shrimp boil at Aunt Sandy & Uncle Robert’s house b/c Tafta & Kerry were visiting, Autumn got stuck in the mud at the farm
*Lexie came over for a Sister’s Sleepover
*Bobbie’s (lady at work) husband was killed
*18th ~ Liz & Mom put together a surprise birthday party for me at Napoli’s
*YW Movie Night (Newsies)
*Went to Carl’s funeral
*24th ~ My 35th birthday & our ward Trunk-or-Treat
*Nick backed into my car that was parked on the grass
*Halloween w/ the Dakins & Poultons
November 2014: *1st ~ Mom & Dad got their mission call to the Johannesburg, South Africa Temple for 18 months AND Mom & Dad left on a cruise w/ Grandpa Johnson & all his kids & their spouses
*We caught 2 possums in the live trap at Mom & Dad’s
*I had some of the Mia Maids over to my house for an open & frank discussion
*Nate & Riannon went to the Veteran’s Day Assembly at Autumn’s school
*Free tickets to the hockey game through Autumn’s daycare
*Autumn did so well in the Primary Program at church
*Went & saw the play Oklahoma! b/c a few of the YW from church were in it
*Autumn’s cheer competition (last place) & end-of-season party at Main Event
*16th~ It snowed!
*Late night showing of the new Hunger Games movie
*I got to review the book “Walking With The Women of the New Testament”
*All day fun w/ Donna & Abbey (Candy Canes for Kids, McDonald’s, & a hockey game)
*YW Movie Night (Princess Diaries)
*Sofia (Riannon’s sister) came to visit
*Thanksgiving at Tyler & Emily’s
*Disney on Ice w/ Mom & the grandkids
*Monzingos came over to eat, play Frisbee & hot tub
*The kids helped Papa put up Christmas lights outside
*I threw my back out & it hurt SO BAD!!!
December 2014:
*Rosy Posy (Autumn’s Elf on the Shelf) came back
*Combined YW Christmas activity at my house
*I got a new laptop
*Autumn & I went to the nativity display at church & then she went to open gym w/ some friends
*Random Acts of Christmas Kindness (RACK) activity
*11th ~ Rufio died today. It was a “sad blessing.” *I got to help clean the temple after it closed
*13th – 20th ~ Mom& Dad & Nate & I went to Utah for Rufio’s funeral & Autumn stayed w/ Deckers *15th ~ Grandpa Johnson had hip surgery
*I got to go to lunch w/ Ashley & Bianca & Quincy
*Josh cut my hair really short & sassy
*Did a live session at the SLC temple w/ Mom & Dad
*19th ~ Rufio’s funeral *Dinner w/ Brenner & Jonesy
*Did a live nativity w/ the Dakins & Poultons
*YW Movie Night (Babes In Toyland)
*Spent Christmas Eve & Christmas Day w/ the family just watching movies, eating, going on walks, etc
*Lexie & I took the kids to Kid Mania
*We celebrated Adam’s 1st birthday
*Drama at home
2014 has been an overall good year.  I have a feeling that it will be like the end of an era since so many things will be changing next year w/ Mom & Dad going on their mission. We’ve been so blessed.  My One Little Word this year was “LIGHT” and it was a good word for me this year.  I had several people like my Bishop & old mission companion specifically say to me that I radiate light, and they didn’t know that was my word I was focusing on for the year. I attribute that light to attending the temple so much this year.  I’m thankful that I’ve been able to attend as much as I have, and intend to continue that through 2015.  I don’t have my word for 2015 yet.  I was thinking it would be “LOVE” but that hasn’t felt completely right for my 2015 word.

No comments: