CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Clean Car, Christmas Tree & Spiritual Inspiration

IMG_5967 I went to the temple this morning w/ 2 things on my mind.  One was that I have decided NOT to pursue that stay at home job.  It looks perfect on paper, but I kept getting the feeling that it’s not the course Heavenly Father wants me to take right now.  I got that confirmation in the temple not to take the job. I’m exercising my faith and following that prompting.  I also had one of my Young Women & her parents on my mind. I’m so thankful for the peace that comes from serving in the temple. It’s so nice to walk through the doors & feel the cares & concerns of the world dissipate, and instead feel an increase of the Spirit.

IMG_5971 After I got done at the temple, I stopped by a local car wash that someone had raved about.  For just $20 they clean the inside and outside of your car.  It was totally worth it just for them to wash the inside of my windshield.  That film that builds up was GONE when I got in the car & I felt like I had a new car just b/c of how different it was to look out of a completely clean windshield!  I’m a big fan of this place & will be bringing my car here every other month to have it cleaned.

I went through the McDonald’s drive thru to get Nick & Autumn some breakfast burritos, and then I left to meet w/ one of the other Young Women leaders & a mother to talk about one of the Young Women.  We’re all concerned about her, and the Spirit was SO STRONG as we talked about what we can do to help her.  The tears were freely flowing b/c of the deep love the 3 of us have for this young woman.  We were inspired w/ a few things we can do that will hopefully be beneficial to her.

IMG_5973 When I got home, Autumn & I got busy cleaning the house.  We FINALLY took down our Christmas tree b/c this is the first Saturday where we haven’t been sick or had something going on.  I also vacuumed, did all the dishes, and got some other cleaning done.  It feels so good to get things accomplished.

IMG_5975 After I was done cleaning, Autumn helped me make these Oreo truffle brownies.  They were good, but not something I would make all the time.

IMG_5979 Autumn spent a few hours today organizing her room.  When I walked in, it looked like a tornado had blown through there.  There was stuff everywhere!  She was having fun lining up her Polly Pockets.  I practiced self restraint & didn’t tell her how to organize her room.  I didn’t follow my usual tendency to take over.  I just sat & watched her for a little bit and offered a few suggestions when she asked.  I’m proud of her, b/c she got rid of a few WalMart sacks full of toys & things she doesn’t use anymore.

IMG_5982At 4:30 we left to go pick up some Papa John’s pizzas that we took over to Liz & Liberty’s house.  I have been needing some Liz time, and Autumn wanted to play w/ Jacob so it worked out perfectly.  Liz’s Mom & Liberty were busy helping Liz redecorate the living room walls & hanging new curtains. We had a salad I brought b/c we needed to use up some lettuce & bell peppers, pizza, and then the Oreo truffle brownies for dessert.  It was so great to see them and talk and catch up.  Liz & I totally counted that as her visiting teaching me for the month.  LOL!  Autumn & Jacob had so much fun playing together and jumped out on the trampoline Jacob got for Christmas for at least an hour!

1 comment:

Jen T said...

Isn't the temple an amazing blessing? Along with the inspiration from the Holy Ghost? Such a blessing! Glad you were able to go and feel inspired. I hope things go well for you YW. I have 17 on my rolls, but only 5 come. So many of them are "no contacts" and our ward covers over 2500 square miles. We are so spread out. I have 7 different high schools in our ward--all different small towns within those 2500 miles. It is crazy. It is nice to get things cleaned up and put away, and I know it is hard not to step in and just take over your kids' rooms. I need to do better at that. Hope you have a great week!!!