CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 23, 2015

A Fancy Friday Mommy/Daughter Belated Birthday Date

IMG_5959The past few years, the local high school has had a play the week of Autumn’s birthday, but this year it was a week later. So, as a part of her birthday present, I took her on a special Mommy/Daughter date tonight.  We went to a “fancy” dinner at our favorite Italian restaurant.

IMG_5960 This chicken scarparella is DELICIOUS & I could drink that cream sauce w/ a spoon.  I got Autumn chicken tenders & we just shared & ate of each other’s plates.  Once our tummies were happy, we stopped at WalMart to get a few treats.

P1120463 The local high school did the play Oklahoma! and it was INCDREDIBLE!  I just sat there in awe the whole time at the talent these young high school kids have.  The singing, sets, costumes, acting, etc. all blew me away.  Especially since the theater program I was in back in high school was nowhere near this caliber.  I’m so glad that Autumn enjoys going to theater productions.  Hopefully she’ll love theater & good entertainment her whole life.

P1120464Gracie was in the show as one of the ensemble cast members, and we waited for her after to tell her what a great job she did. We gave her a package of kit kat bars w/ a note to “break” a leg (get it … break me off a piece of that kit kat bar … break a leg).  Cheesy, I know but she loved it!  There were a LOT of LDS kids in the play & it was fun to see a bunch of people from Mom & Dad’s ward.  We even saw Curt & Jessie there.  We didn’t get home until 10:00 pm, but it was so worth it to be up late.

No comments: