CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Family Stay-Cation Day 1

IMG_6077 I took Autumn to school today & then I didn’t go to work. WOOT WOOT! I went to Mom & Dad’s to get my swimsuit & a few other things we needed to take on our vacation with us. Then I went shopping at WalMart & then to Costco. Why is it that shopping at Costco always makes you work up an appetite? After that, I came home and put all the groceries away, and then packed up to start of family stay-cation.

IMG_6079 I got Autumn out of school at 12:00 & we hit the road for Great Wolf Lodge. Not everyone was there yet, so Mom said to stop and get some lunch before we got there. Costa Vida (which is like Cafe Rio) was only 8 miles away, so that’s where Autumn & I went for lunch. We had to get the sweet pork salad w/ extra dressing, and a tres leches for dessert. My taste buds were so happy!!!

IMG_4074 When Mom & Dad booked the rooms, they were told we could start swimming at 1:00, but that we couldn’t check into our rooms until 4:00. But, when we checked in to the hotel at 1:30 they said our rooms were ready! Mom, Dad, & Nick were in one room. Lexie & her family were in a Kid’s Cabin. Nate, Riannon, Olivia, Autumn & I were in another room. This is the Kid’s Cabin room and the kids thought they were in seventh heaven to have their own little area w/ bunk beds.

IMG_6089 We immediately got changed into our swimsuits & headed downstairs to start the fun!

IMG_6096 We had so much fun checking out all the fun things they have there like the lazy river, wave pool, 1,000 gallon water bucket dump, kid’s area, slides, etc. We were all pretty hungry after 3 hours of non-stop fun, so Mom & Dad got pizza & drinks so we could all just stay in the water park and not have to go back to the rooms and get changed to go out for dinner. I love this picture of all of everyone (I’m not in it b/c I’m taking the picture).

IMG_4077 We finally left the water park at 7:00 so we could go back to the room, get cleaned up, put on our pajamas, and go down to the main lobby for story time. They gave us these cute wolf ear headbands when we checked into the hotel and we wore them every chance we got.

IMG_4078 It was fun to see all these families & kids waiting for the show to start. I have to admit that the show itself was a little lame, but the kids seemed to like it. It’s all animatronics and Autumn liked the Indian Princess the best, b/c it looked like her!

IMG_4087 After the animatronics portion of the show, they have a worker from Great Wolf Lodge come out w/ these characters and they read the kids a story. Then after that, the kids can get in line to get their picture w/ them. I of course, kept my distance b/c I have a phobia of people in costumes like this. We went back to the rooms and had some treats, talked, relaxed and watched TV. Autumn opted to sleep in the kid’s cabin w/ Andrew & Jackson. I finally fell asleep around 11:00, but that didn’t last long …

No comments: