CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Stake YW Camp Meeting

IMG_6802 Nate & Riannon were so great and watched Autumn for me tonight so I could go to a Stake Young Women’s Camp Meeting. Riannon just took Autumn home from work w/ her, so I had about an hour and a half to kill before the meeting. I tried going to 2 different places to get my oil changed, but the wait was at least 2 hours. It is SO HARD to get an oil changed as a full time working mother. I’ve tried going on Saturdays & in the evenings when I’m off from work, but the waits are always 2 – 3 hours. UGH!

P1120662 The camp meeting was really good, but I am NOT a camper … especially in Texas. But, I’m excited to get 3 full days with my Young Women, b/c it’s a great way to bond with them. It’s like condensing 3 months worth of Sunday YW lessons & Wednesday night activities into 3 days. I am SO SAD that this picture is blurry. I forgot to turn on the flash, and we had someone take it for us. This is all the YW Presidents in our Stake. One of the best parts of this calling is getting to serve with such amazing & faithful women.

The theme for camp is, “Stay In The Boat,” which is from THIS talk by Elder Ballard. I feel like I’m out of the boat & drowning in information & all that needs to get done before camp. But, that’s what the camp director, counselors, & YCL’s (Youth Camp Leaders) are for. Many hands make light work. The meeting was much longer than I thought it would be. I thought we would be done by 8:00, but I didn’t get out of there until 9:30. Autumn was fast asleep by the time I got to Nate & Riannon’s, so we just spent the night there.

No comments: