CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 1, 2015

They’re Not LEAVING You, They’re LEADING You

IMG_6373 Mom & Dad had original said they were going to leave really early Sunday morning, but the plans changed b/c the roads were icy, so they said they would leave between 8 – 9 am!  YAY!!! We all spent the night there again. For breakfast we wanted to have our special Texas shaped waffles that Dad makes. But, he was too busy loading the car so the torch of making the waffles got passed to Nate. So bittersweet!

P1120606 Our “last supper breakfast” w/ Papa & Mimi for the next 18 months.

P1120609 Saying good bye was so much harder than I thought it would be! I cried and cried and cried (hence my red and puffy eyes in this pic). It started when I hugged Dad good bye, and the flood gates really opened when I hugged Mom good bye. She’s my best friend and I will miss her so much.

P1120617 And just like that … 2 huge parts of our hearts and lives drove off to embark on a grand 18 month adventure! I posted this pic on Facebook & here are some of my favorite comments:

“They’re not LEAVING you, they’re LEADING you.”

“Seeing this made my heart sink. So happy for them, but sad for us. Lisa Marie, your Dad has more ‘kids’ and family than you will ever know. I am a better person and so blessed to know your Dad as a mentor, friend, and work ‘Dad.’ Will miss him so!”

IMG_6374We came home, got cleaned up, and got ready for church. I dropped Autumn off at our friend’s so I could go to ward council meeting. Sometimes I wish I didn’t have so many meetings, but they are always so uplifting and I’m always glad I am there. I get to serve with some incredible people. I started crying as soon as we started singing the sacrament hymn today. The line, “I have loved thee as they friend, with a love that cannot end” really touched my heart. He’s there for me and knows how I feel with my parent’s leaving.

P1120621After church we went over to Mom & Dad’s, which I guess I will now refer to as Nate & Riannon’s. We had dinner together and then relaxed and watched TV. When Nick came over after church a spontaneous wrestling session broke out, and even Olivia was in on the action and was making us laugh so hard. It was a nice evening, and I’m thankful for technology so Mom & Dad could text us pics of sights they saw on their drive, and so we could talk on the phone.

1 comment:

Jen T said...

That is a neat comment not leaving but leading. Where are they serving? I must have missed that post. They are wonderful examples. Glad you still have family close! God will bless them and your family for their service!