CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Papa & Mimi Are Now Official Full Time Missionaries

P1120589 We had so much fun this morning watching the birds out on the bird feeder. At one point we had 4 red cardinals sitting on the fence. They are so pretty against the stark white snow. We also watched a squirrel dig into the snow, find a nut, and carry it up the tree to its nest. We had a nice and relaxing morning.

IMG_6368 Last night we were supposed to have youth conference, and then again this morning. But due to the bad roads, it was cancelled. It was rescheduled for today at 1:00. I got cleaned up and headed over to the church. I LOVED seeing the gym full of good youth doing service. They had some kids tie fleece blankets to donate to a hospital, another group decorated brown paper bags for the Salvation Army to use when they distribute 600 lunches at their Dallas location each day, and the last group wrote notes of love & encouragement to missionaries & military members serving from our stake.

It was a great youth conference, and the Spirit there was incredibly strong in all the workshops and talks. I have to be honest and say I went w/ a bad attitude b/c I wanted to be home w/ my parents before they leave tomorrow. But, I knew that I needed to be there. One of my young women who’s very stand offish came walking in late and she was obviously upset and crying. There just “happened” to be a seat next to me b/c the lady that had been sitting by me moved over randomly about 30 seconds before this girl walked in! The young woman came and sat down next to me and let me put my arm around her and she put her head on my shoulder and cried. I figured I’d let her be the first one to pull away and to my utter surprise, she stayed like that for an hour, even after her crying had stopped! My arm even fell asleep, but I was not going to move it. It was a great and tender mercy. I knew in those moments why I had felt like I needed to be at youth conference.

P1120596 I left youth conference at 6:00 when they started dinner & then a dance, and went to Mom & Dad’s. We had tacos for dinner so Dad could use some of the homemade ketchup (it’s like sweet chili) that he found in the back of his closet that Grandma Johnson made. It was so delicious and brought back so many memories of Grandma Johnson. Curt & Mary & Jake came over to say good bye to Mom & Dad. It’s so bittersweet!

P1120604At 9:00 President Jones came over to talk to Mom & Dad and then set them apart as missionaries. It was a very sweet & spiritual experience. When I was putting Autumn to bed she said that Mimi’s setting apart was peaceful and Papa’s was powerful. I thought that was a perfect description.IMG_6386After Pres. Jones left, we were talking about the setting aparts and Nate read this to us. He said they used to read it while he was on his mission. It’s very powerful.

No comments: