CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Conference & Easter Sunday

IMG_6899 Autumn was so tired that she slept 12 hours last night and got up at 10:30 today.  If you add in the 2 hours she slept in the car on the way home from the farm yesterday, that’s 14 hours!!! She played harder than she thought. We watched the morning session of General Conference at our house & I made Aunt Jana’s breakfast casserole. Elder Holland is for sure my favorite & he gave such a powerful Easter message.

IMG_6900 After the morning session we went over to Nate & Riannon’s house to watch the afternoon session. These tulips out by the pool make me so happy. I’m glad that they keep coming up year after year.

IMG_6901Nick went & got Savi, and she watched conference with us. Since we were watching it online & just had the laptop plugged into the TV, we were able to put it in Spanish w/ English subtitles so Savi could understand it. It was interesting to watch it that way. It made me pay more attention b/c I had to read what the speakers were saying. But, I missed hearing the little inflections & nuances in their voices as they spoke. I’ve always taken it for granted that I understand the conference talks b/c I speak English. It was SO FUNNY when Pres. Uchtdorf got up and started speaking a few words in German.

I’m sad that I missed the messages from yesterday, but I can watch them online & for sure I’ll read them in the Ensign & mark them up and write notes. We hung out at Nate & Riannon’s for a while and then came home and got stuff ready for the coming week.

I feel bad that I didn’t do anything fun or fancy for Easter this year. But, we had such a big day yesterday at the farm that it just didn’t happen. And you know what, Autumn didn’t even ask at all about why she didn’t get an Easter basket. I also didn’t do the usual thing we do for conference where we put the 15 apostle’s pictures on a treat and then eat the treat when that person talks. I think that sometimes as parents we put expectations on ourselves that don’t need to be there.

No comments: