CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Choir Concert

IMG_7317 I have been wanting to see the movie, “Far From The Madding Crowd,” for months and months. FINALLY it came to a theater that was about 20 minutes away. Nick was off last night, and so I made a spur of the moment decision to go and see the 9:20 pm showing. I ended up going by myself, b/c it was so last minute. It was a really good movie from the acting to the cinematography to the costumes. I’ll probably buy it once it’s been out on DVD for a while. CAUTION: There is one brief naughty/inappropriate part. I just wish I had 3 good looking & eligible bachelors chasing after me like the main female character in this movie did! LOL!

IMG_7321 I got Autumn from daycare tonight and we went to WalMart to grab a few things and ended up just getting one of their chicken tender plates and sat in the parking lot and ate it. We went to one of the local high schools to listen to a few kids we know sing in their choir concert. Autumn & I gave the 2 girls these big Symphony chocolate bars w/ a note that said, “listening to you sing is like listening to a beautiful ‘SYMPHONY.’ Love, Lisa & Autumn.”

P1120694 Gracie sang a solo during a pre-show and did such a beautiful job. We’re going to miss hearing her sing and being in the plays. She also had a few solos during the concert. It was a really great evening and the talents some of these kids have is incredible.

IMG_7324 Jessie was in it too, and it was fun to see so many people we know from Mom & Dad’s ward. The show was like watching a bunch of live “Glee” performances strung together. I’m glad our local schools have such wonderful theater and music programs that we can go and enjoy. Like Ouiser from Steel Magnolias says, “You broaden your horizons your way. I'll broaden my horizons mine.”

No comments: