CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Kale, Worms, & Selma

IMG_7271 Tonight for dinner I made this yummy kale & sausage over pasta meal. I am documenting it here so I can refer back to the recipe and make it again. Instead of using the sausage in a casing that you break up into “crumbles” as you cook it, I just used a big link sausage & cut it on the diagonal so there was more surface area to get crispy. At Nate & Riannon’s we used canned corn instead of white beans, b/c that was all they had. I prefer the corn over the beans. For the pasta, I just cooked some bowtie pasta & after I drained it I added some butter, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper.

IMG_7274 After dinner Autumn & I worked on putting her teacher gifts together. When she was in kindergarten I went all out & sent in something cute each day. I just don’t have the time for that right now, so we went with something simple. I have had these cute felt apple baskets for a while (I got them at the Target $1 spot). We put in a bag of gummy worms w/ this note that Autumn wrote out. I also wrote her teachers a heartfelt card and included some money.

IMG_7276 Liz & Jacob came over to visit for a while b/c we have some major storms going through the area & Liz doesn’t like to be alone in storms. Liberty came & picked them up when he got done w/ work and then Liz came back and we watched the movie Selma. It was really good, and I had no idea about the 3 Selma marches. It was very well done and very informative. We finished the movie at midnight, but I stayed up a half hour after that looking up the history of the marches. I am grateful for courageous people like Martin Luther King, Jr and the other peaceful protestors who brought about such great changes.

No comments: