CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 8, 2015

Camp Preparations

IMG_7652 Today was supposed to be the first day of camp, but we found out about a Texas law that if your camp is 4 days or longer you have to go to all these trainings & get certified in all this stuff. So, a few weeks ago they shortened camp to just 3 1/2 days. It was SO NICE having today off from work so I could get some last minute things together. I went shopping this morning for a list of things I needed. Then at 1:00 I went over to Sis. S’s house to work on some craft stuff with the YCL’s (youth camp leaders). These ladies are awesome and we got a lot accomplished.

IMG_7653 We have a nautical theme this year and thought it would be fun to use characters from “Finding Nemo” for each of the tents. So creative & cute, huh?

IMG_7656 We were there for FOUR hours! I finally left b/c I had to go home and pack up some final things (like half of my kitchen). I ended up w/ 3 big rubbermaid containers of stuff like pots, pans, crafts, food, etc. We told all the YW they had to have their stuff dropped off by 1:00. This doesn’t look like very much, but this fills up more than half of Sis. S’s garage!

IMG_7666 We loaded everything onto this big trailer and then the guys helped us tie down the tarp to keep it all secure. I saw something on Facebook along the lines of, “camping is just an expensive way to live like a homeless person.” SO TRUE! It’s amazing how much STUFF we had to take w/ us just for a few days of camping. Oh, well. It will be fun.

IMG_7667This is the look I'll be sporting for the next 3 days ... hot, sweaty, and red faced (this pic is not edited and has no filters on it ... my cheeks were really this red after loading the trailer). Ready or not camp, HERE WE COME!!!

1 comment:

Jen T said...

Getting ready for camp is CRAZY!!! We start tomorrow and just spent hours at the store buying food. Now I am taking a break from getting my girls packed. It is a lot of work! Hope yours goes well! We are hoping we don't get rained out the whole time! Here we go. . . !!! have fun!