CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Daycare Pics & Woes

06.23 The memory preserver in me is thrilled that Autumn’s day care takes pictures of her once a day and sends it to me via email after I pick her up. I hate it that I have to work and don’t get to be w/ her during the majority of the day. But getting to see her in her daycare environment where she spends so much time helps ease that sadness just a tinge. I’m glad she’s in a place where she’s learning and growing and not just sitting and staring at a screen all day!

She’s really been struggling w/ a few of the kids at daycare who are loud and bossy and pushy. She is very sensitive and takes things very personally. I’m trying to help her learn how to handle those situations, b/c if she can learn that now it will be a blessing to her her whole life. You’d think that as you get older that people would just be kind and mature enough to get along, but that’s not always the case. There will always be people you don’t mesh well with, but learning how to work (or in her case play) together is a huge advantage.

IMG_7973After we ate dinner, I told Autumn she had to read for 15 minutes before having any screen time. You would have thought I asked her to jump to a watery grave. She had a complete fit. I just ignored it and went and read my scriptures. She eventually calmed herself down and went in her room and read for 15 minutes. After that, we got busy cleaning up the house since the young women are coming over tomorrow night. Autumn helped me load the dishwasher, I washed the big pans while she swept the tile (she LOVES to sweep), and then I vacuumed.

We watched part of America’s Got Talent together and then I got her to bed. I had recorded this new series called Poldark on PBS and I watched the first episode after I got Autumn to bed. It is sooooooooooooo good and so far ranks up there pretty close to Pride & Prejudice! I can’t wait for next Sunday night to watch the next episode.

Savi texted me to see if she could come over and visit, and of course I said yes. She came over w/ Flora and we talked about all sorts of things, but mainly Nick (he was at work but got home about 30 minutes after Savi got there). Things are more serious between them than just casual dating for fun. They’re talking about marriage (in the distant future), what their kids would look like, where they would live, etc. She is such a sweetheart and is sooooo good for Nick and has really pushed him to do some things he wouldn’t do for us (like drive on the freeway for example). It will be interesting to see where things go.

I called Mom & Dad just to give them an update on the situation since they obviously aren’t here to know for themselves. With the time difference, it was 7:30 am their time and 12:30 am my time. We finally finished talking at 1:45 am my time! I hope I’m not super tired tomorrow. I told Mom & Dad that it’s exhausting to be the parent to someone who is making grown up decisions. They just laughed and thanked me for holding down the fort while they’re on the other side of the world!

No comments: