CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

YW Service Activity

IMG_7975 The Laurels class was in charge of the combined Young Women’s activity tonight, and a few weeks ago I had planned on all of us going down to the temple just to walk the temple grounds, write in our journals, etc. But we have a lot of girls out of town on vacation so we’ll wait and save that for an activity in the fall when everyone’s back in town b/c of school. I came up w/ a service activity instead, b/c service is always a good thing. One of our YW leaders had to have minor surgery this week, so we made some freezer meals that she can just throw in the crock pot.

IMG_7976 It makes my heart full to overflowing to see my kitchen full of amazing young women. They did a great job putting the meals together. When they were done with that, I had them go in the formal living room and tape some wooden skewers to the back of decorative paper plates.

IMG_7980 Then they snuck over to Sis. L’s house to decorate since it’s her birthday tomorrow. When they got back we had ice cream w/ homemade chocolate magic shell. Sis. L texted me this pic later on tonight and said she thought she saw some “angels” out in her yard and that she felt so loved. I’m grateful that I got to serve with her for almost 3 years and learn from her example of love and kindness and service. She’s truly an angel on earth and I’m glad we were able to make her feel special for her birthday!

No comments: