CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Super Saturday, Tea Party, & Beauty Shop

IMG_8555Autumn & I got up early this morning (6:30 am) so I could take her over to Nate & Riannon’s at 7:00. I dropped her off and then ran to WalMart to get some bags of ice, a watermelon, and a few other things. Then I met up w/ our group of youth at a designated parking lot so we could head up to the lake for our Super Saturday. It’s our big last hoorah before school starts.

IMG_8564 A family in our ward was able to reserve us this super nice pavilion since the husband works for the company that owns it. It was nice to have this as a “ground zero” for the youth to come back to get a drink or a snack when they weren’t out on the boats. I am not a big fan of lakes, b/c I can’t see the bottom and don’t know what’s in them. I was going to go out on one of the boats and just not get in the water, but by the time I made it over to the dock all the boats were already out on the water. So, I just stayed at the pavilion and took care of any youth that needed something. I also kept an eye on all of our stuff.

For lunch we got a BUNCH of huge pizzas from one of our favorite Italian restaurants. They have a restaurant in the city where we live and they just so happen to have one up where we were boating. The kids came in for lunch around 12:30 and we were going to go back out, but by the time everyone at it was already 2:00! So, we packed up and headed home.

08.22 Abbey bday Nate & Riannon were nice enough to watch Autumn for me and also take her to a birthday party of a friend. It was a fancy herbal tea party where they got to bring a favorite doll or stuffed animal, wear a fancy dress, and I even let Autumn borrow a strand of my pink pearls. From the pictures I saw on Facebook, it looks like Autumn had a grand ol’ time!

IMG_8568Even though I didn’t go out on the lake today, I was so tired when I got home from being up so early and being out in the heat. I went and got Autumn at Nate & Riannon’s and we came home. I wanted to lay down and take a little nap, but Autumn had other plans for me. She asked if she could rub my back and lotion my feet. Oh, ok … if I HAVE to! It was so nice. She also wanted to fix my hair and do my make up. It was nice to just relax and be pampered. I’m not going to post my “after makeup” picture b/c I look like a lady of the night. Autumn applied a lot of blush. I’ll have to teach her that less is more. It was fun to have some girl time w/ my girl.

We packed up a bunch of stuff that Mom had asked for (spices, pants, medicine) to take to some people that are going to South Africa next week. Their parents are serving w/ Mom & Dad in Johannesburg, and they only live 20 minutes away from us. They were nice enough to take a 10 lb bag of stuff with them to give to Mom & Dad when they get there.

No comments: