CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 4, 2015

What A Wonderful General Conference Weekend

IMG_9206 It was so sad to have our sister’s weekend come to an end. But, the silver lining is that it was such a WONDERFUL weekend. From getting to stay in a big beautiful house, to seeing this out the window every day, to watching conference, and most of all getting to spend time with people I cherish and love.

IMG_9233 I drove back to Aunt Jill’s house, got showered and cleaned up, and checked Facebook. It was so cool to see that 2 church events had made the top 3 trending items on Facebook! I watched the first Sunday session of General Conference upstairs w/ Aunt Jill & crew. We were all literally grabbing onto the edge of our seats towards the end of Pres. Monson’s talk. I have no idea what he said during the last half of his talk b/c I was so worried he was going to fall. We were worried as we watched him physically wilt and see him use the podium to hold himself up. We heaved a huge sigh of relief once he finished and made it back to his seat.

I made sandwiches for everyone for lunch, and then we watched the last session of conference. I LOVED Elder Bednar’s talk in response to people that criticize the church leadership and say, “‘This is a gerontocracy. This is a church run by old men.’” His talk was wonderful, and he delivered it w/ such power.

IMG_5426 I went & picked Autumn up at 5:30, and she didn’t want to leave. That’s a happy change from how she felt on Thursday evening. She had fun helping to decorate the house for Jason’s birthday today. I’m glad she got to spend time w/ some of the members of the other side of her family.

IMG_5428 We came back to Aunt Jill’s house just in time for a big family party. Since Cory & his family were in town, everyone came over for a big Sunday dinner. There was teriyaki turkey, funeral potatoes, grilled veggies fresh from Craig & Kelli’s garden, fruit salad, and rolls w/ honey or jam! The weather was so nice, that we went outside to eat in the backyard. I am going to miss this perfect fall weather!

IMG_5441 Once it started to get dark, everyone came back inside and the kids all gathered in the living room to watch Harry Potter. Kelli made a divinely delicious dessert of homemade caramel sauce w/ a healthy apple cake and homemade whipped cream. She’s such a fabulous cook.

IMG_5447 We had to get a picture of all the cute cousins (I don’t know if they’re first cousins once removed or 2nd cousins). It’s fun, b/c I remember taking pictures like this w/ my cousins at Grandma’s house when I was a kid. It’s crazy that we’re now taking pictures of our own kids!

\IMG_9243Once everyone left, I went and put Autumn to bed. Then Cade & I stayed up a little past midnight to watch the new Downton Abbey episode. I had no idea he was a big Downton Abbey fan like me! LOVE IT!

No comments: