CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 23, 2015

First Time Fuyu Persimmon

IMG_0059 One of the ladies at work said a neighbor of hers is doing Bountiful Baskets and had way more than they could use. Well, the neighbor gave Lori way more than her family could eat, so she brought some stuff to work for me. She gave me 2 huge cucumbers, 3 yellow crookneck squash, and 4 persimmons. I have never had a persimmon before, so I had to google what they are and how to cook them. The kind I had are Fuyu persimmons and you can eat them like an apple. If you cut them open, they have this cool star design in the middle. They are sweet and kind of taste like a mix between a mango & apricot.  I’m glad I was given 4 of them so I can share them w/ Autumn for the first time.

It’s been slow at work, but it’s been nice b/c that’s given me time to work on getting all the multiple schedules put together for Young Women’s next year. I’m trying to simplify it and make it easier to figure out what’s going on!

No comments: