CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 20, 2015

Whirlwind Sunday

 I got up this morning and got ready for church, and then went to pick Autumn up from her sleepover. I brought her church dress & shoes w/ me so she could change into them. Coach Gayle is so nice and told me to sit and have some breakfast while I waited for Autumn to change. This is such a fun group of girls and I'm glad Autumn decided to stay over.

 I'm so happy that she loves to read now that she has fun books she likes. She'll often read to me in the car while we're driving around. I had to go to my ward council meeting, but we were a little early to drop her off at our friend's house. So, we sat in the car and she read to me for a while.

Ward council was good, and I just LOVE the people I serve with. We laugh and have a lot of fun, but we also get a lot accomplished. Autumn got to sing w/ the other Activity Day girls in part of the Christmas program. She looked so beautiful up there in her pretty dress.

For the past week I have been busy at night putting together these gifts to give to all of the Young Women today. They're Hershey nugget chocolates wrapped w/ the names of the Savior from the scripture Isaiah 9:6 (wonderful, counselor, the might God, the everlasting Father, the prince of peace). It wasn't hard, but it was very time consuming b/c I had to cut out each wrapper, each bag topper, each cardstock tray, etc. The girls really seemed to like the gifts.

 I taught the Laurels class about "How To Invite Others To Come Unto Christ." I wanted it to have a Christmas theme, so I used some of these suggestions. We focused on some of the characters in the nativity story and how they were invited to come unto Christ and what they did w/ that invitation. We ran out of time and only got to discuss 3 people. Oh, well! It was a good discussion.

After church I had 2 visiting teaching appointments, and Autumn came w/ me to both of them. We kept them short & sweet b/c both of the ladies had tithing settlement.

 We got home at 5:00, changed clothes, packed up a bunch of food and presents, and went over to Nate & Riannon's. I got busy making dips and finger foods for dinner. Robert & Maggie came over so we could give them the Christmas presents Mom & Dad sent back from South Africa for them. Maggie wanted to see everyone and have "finger foods" for dinner so we had taquitos, mini quiche, deviled eggs, spinach dip w/ chips, and they brought pulled pork sliders. It was quite the feast. Robert was SO STINKIN' CUTE w/ Olivia. It was fun to see the two of them together.

 Maggie loved her sarong & Nate is showing off his elephant tie.

We had a lot of fun chatting w/ them and catching up. Maggie is SO FUNNY and had us laughing most of the time. In this picture she's plugging her ears b/c the Sound of Music sing along was on TV and she HATES musicals. LOL. It was what I call a "whirlwind Sunday" where it's just one thing after another. But it was a great Sunday, b/c it was full of good things that helped us serve others and focus on the Savior.

No comments: