CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Busy Sunday & Emma Dog

 Autumn was such a sweetie this morning and made this cute dog for breakfast. It's made out of waffles, strawberries, and fruit snacks (for the eyes). I think she's noticed how stressed out I've been lately, and she's really stepped up to help out and ease my burdens a little bit. She's so amazing.
 
Today for the 3rd hour of church we were all combined as youth and adults. We decided as a ward council that the topic of our discussion should be the Sabbath Day. The church leaders have really focused on that, which is interesting in light of all that is going on in the world. There are other things they could focus on, but this is what they have been inspired to emphasize. It's meant to help us build faith now in store for what's ahead. The world is just getting more and more wicked. Anyways, I had taught this lesson in YW and so Bishop asked me to share some thoughts to kick off the discussion. I put together a slide show that talked about how the Sabbath is more than just a list of do's and don'ts. We need to elevate our thinking and remember that it's a covenant, a sign, and it should be a delight. At the end of the discussion I had a slide that said, "It's 'WERTH' it." I passed around some wherthers hard caramels for everyone to have one.
 
We hurried home, scarfed down a microwave burrito and then I had a YW presidency meeting. I know I saw this all the time, but it's true that I am blessed to get to serve w/ such incredible women. We're on the same page and we work so well as a team. After that Autumn & I went visiting teaching to 2 different ladies for an hour each. Finally at 6:30 we went over to check on Emma Dog. We get to dog sit her again, and I'm so glad. She has really gotten old and is having a hard time getting around. But that's what makes these moments of getting to spend time w/ her even more precious. Her tongue always hangs out the side of her mouth like this now. Sweet little Emma Dog!
 
We finally got home at 8:00 and realized we hadn't eaten any dinner b/c our evening was so busy. We hurried and had a bowl of cereal and I got Autumn to bed. We found out that we're going to have to move New Beginnings to another date & time, and it's been incredibly stressful. But, it will all work out in the end!

No comments: