CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Missionary Meeting

It was kind of fun to walk out of work today and know I don't have to go back for 2 weeks! I know Lori will do a great job while I'm gone. Riannon was an angel & got Autumn for me so I could run a few last minute errands and then attend a meeting. Elder Zwick from the Quorum of the 70 came to our area and he wanted to hold a meeting with ALL the ward council members from ALL the stakes around here. That's A LOT of people! Plus, he wanted to have the meeting at our Stake building. We were supposed to have New Beginnings tonight in the gym, but that obviously couldn't happen, and that past few weeks have been super stressful trying to figure out when we could reschedule New Beginnings. I wanted our YW to have it while I was gone, but the Bishop said I had to be there. So, it looks like we'll have to move it to March.

Anyways, I kind of had a little chip on my shoulder just b/c of all the stress this meeting was causing me. But, I'm thankful I went. Elder Zwick shared some really great things w/ us and talked a lot about how the Spirit of Moses (gathering of Israel) was in the room! He talked about missionary work and how we as ward council members need to be the examples. We need to help the missionaries and have lots of investigators in our homes.

I thought the meeting was only going to be an hour long, but it was TWO hours and we didn't get done until 9:00 pm! The second the closing prayer was over I was OUT.OF.THERE and literally RAN (and I never run) to my car to get out of there before there was a big back up in the parking lot. I hurried over to Nate & Riannon's, got Autumn, and we came home. I put her to bed and got busy packing. I didn't get into bed until 2:00 am!!! I'm so excited, b/c tomorrow is the day we start our Amazing African Adventure!

No comments: