CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 25, 2016

Good Things On Good Friday

 I am so thankful that my boss told me earlier this week that I could have today off! It was so wonderful to sleep in until 8:30, especially since I didn't climb into bed until 3:00 am! Autumn & I had a leisurely morning & then we went over to the Lee's house at noon. We ate lunch and then the kids dyed Easter eggs.

 I think this might be the first time that Autumn has ever dyed Easter eggs. I have intentions to do it every year & I even buy the stuff for it, but then for some reason it never happens. I'm glad she finally got to do it this year, b/c she loved it!

 The colors turned out really pretty & she was so happy with them. Sis. Lee is an angel and said I could leave Autumn there to play if I wanted to go to the temple. I won't be able to go for a while since Autumn has volleyball games on Saturdays now.

It was such a GOOD way to spend GOOD Friday. What better place to be to think of all that the Savior did for me than in His house doing the work of salvation. I'm thankful I went, even though I had a hard time staying awake. I forgot that they don't have sessions every 1/2 hour during the week like they do on Saturdays. I had to wait for the 3:00 session, so I went to the bookstore a few blocks down and got a few things for Young Womens.

Since I had to wait & go to the 3:00 session, I didn't get done until 5:00. I hurried and changed and got on the highway to try and beat rush hour traffic. That didn't work and I got stuck right in the middle of it. I got to the Lee's and asked how it went. Autumn had a GREAT time b/c the kids had set up a fancy spa where they painted nails, gave each other facials (with real cucumbers on the eyes), and they also rode bikes later. I'm so thankful for the Lees and how they love Autumn.

Autumn & I rushed home so I could hurry and make dinner for Liz & crew. She loves my kale & sausage pasta so that's what I made. Luckily it's a quick and easy meal to throw together b/c I was running behind. It was fun to eat and talk and spend time together. Of course the highlight for me was to snuggle on Baby Jordan and feed him a bottle after we ate dinner. I'm thankful for all the GOOD things I got to do on GOOD Friday. I try to always remember that ALL of these blessings come from a loving Heavenly Father, and that any hope I have is b/c of His Son, Jesus Christ. Without the Savior's Atonement none of the things in this life would have any meaning or purpose.

No comments: