CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 7, 2016

Happy Birthday, Mary!

 
It's Spring Break this week, but since I have to work Nate & Riannon said they can watch Autumn for me. I'm sooooooooo thankful, b/c that saves me A LOT of money! On the way home from work I stopped at the $1 Store to get some birthday balloons. I found this "Fairy Catcher Kit" of seeds and got them for Autumn. She really was excited about them, but this is the best smile I could get from her (plus the lighting in the kitchen was horrible). She's become very camera shy as of late.

 The seeds are way too tiny, so we planted them in the little plastic cup that came in the fairy box. Once the plants start to grow we'll transfer them out to our planter box on the front porch. I also bought some Iris bulbs at the $1 store, so we planted those and will see if anything grows.

 While I made dinner, Autumn got out this My Little Pony playset that Lexie had gotten super cheap at a garage sale for her a few years ago. I'm glad that Autumn is still young enough to want to play w/ things like this, and that she isn't ready to move onto the older tween stuff just yet. She's only 9, but looks so much older b/c she's so tall. I want to keep her as young & innocent as possible for as long as possible!

 At 8:00 I went over to Christine's new house (it's super nice) so we could celebrate Mary's birthday. We had asked her what she wanted to do for her birthday and she said to just get together and play games. We missed having Melanie here w/ us since she moved.

 Christine has an awesome set up in their game room above the separate garage. She made everyone Italian sodas and they were super good. We sat and talked for about an hour b/c we hadn't seen each other in a long time. They wanted to hear all about my South African trip, and see some pictures.

We played Hand & Foot, then we talked for another hour, then we played Sequence. We finally called it quits at 1:30 am. It was so wonderful to be w/ them again. I love and adore each one of them so much and am thankful to have such wonderful women in my life!

No comments: