CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Teaching Nick To Cook

 I forgot to post these yesterday, but this is what my nails look like. I got the pink NextGen powder that changes color depending on my temperature! If I'm hot, then the nails turn this white color.

 If I'm cold, the nails turn pink. Isn't that the coolest thing ever! I have not been able to stop looking at my nails. It's fun to run them under hot or cold water and watch them change colors.

 This is the dress I got at Cato's yesterday, and I wore it to church today. I know it's not my Type 3 colors but I still love it. It fits, it's modest, and it wasn't super expensive. I had ward council this morning and got to give the spiritual thought. I used some quotes from this great article about the Atonement from Elder Ballard. I shared my feelings on how the Atonement helps me in my calling. 

"There is no greater expression of love than the heroic Atonement performed by the Son of God."

"I believe that if we could truly understand the Atonement of the Lord Jesus Christ, we would realize how precious is one son or daughter of God. I believe our Heavenly Father’s everlasting purpose for His children is generally achieved by the small and simple things we do for one another."

"If we truly understood the Atonement and the eternal value of each soul, we would seek out the wayward boy and girl and every other wayward child of God. We would help them to know of the love Christ has for them. We would do all that we can to help prepare them to receive the saving ordinances of the gospel."

Then for the treat (b/c I always have to have a treat) I gave everyone Sweetarts. I said, "all that is TART about life can be made SWEET through the Atonement." I'm so glad that we get to study the Atonement in our YW lessons this month. After church Autumn & I went around to some of the less active girl's homes to drop off invitations to New Beginnings.

It was LOVELY after church to have no meetings to go to and nowhere to be. Nick has been wanting to learn how to cook so that when he & Savi get married he can help make meals. So, I taught him how to make spaghetti w/ a side of asparagus tonight. He did a great job and I'm really proud of him. GO NICK!

No comments: