CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 11, 2016

Hail Storm, Singin' In The Rain, & FHE

 I'm glad that Autumn & I made it home this evening about 5 minutes before a big old hail storm hit our town! If you look closely in this picture you'll see white specks all over the driveway & in the grass. It was walnut-sized hail.


 The hail storm lasted for about 12 minutes and then it just lightly rained. Autumn was so excited to go out and play in the rain.

 She went & got my umbrella out of the car and went and stood in the gutter and was singing, "I'm singin' and dancin' in the rain." She was pretending she was in the play we saw in South Africa.

 It was neat to see the pretty water droplets on these gorgeous roses!

 What a cutie!

 Once the storm had died down, Nate & Riannon came over for dinner. I made taco bean soup b/c it makes a ton, it's cheap, and it warms us up on a cold and rainy day like today. 

After we finished eating we had Family Home Evening. I'm so happy that we're holding each other accountable to do it and that we're 4 for 4 right now. We keep the lessons short since Olivia has a really short attention span. We used the Gospel Art Book and talked about Daniel in the Lion's Den b/c Olivia liked roaring like a lion. Autumn wanted me to braid her hair so we had a "hair chain" going. I braided her hair, she braided Olivia's hair, and Olivia played w/ her Barbie's hair.

I got Autumn to bed and then stayed up until 2:30 am to finish reading "The Maid of Fairbourne Hall" by Julie Klassen!!! I LOVE to read, especially when it's clean romances like this book. The only problem is that I use up all my free time w/ reading. It's better than watching TV, but I get sucked into the book and I can't put it down and go to bed! I'll have to exercise some self control when I start the next book I checked out from the library and make myself go to bed at a decent hour!

No comments: