CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Stake Beehive Camp ~ Day 3


 Us leaders woke up this morning to this! There was string tied all the way across the room and between the beds. It was a funny & harmless prank. But, it made me realize we must have all be REALLY tired for none of us to hear or feel the YW doing this. Good thing no serial killers snuck in, b/c we would all be dead!

 I got up, packed up all my stuff, and got it loaded into my car. I wanted to get as much done as I could before it got really hot. For breakfast we had fruit, and English muffin sandwiches w/ egg, meat, and cheese. After everyone was done eating they had us bring our chairs to one area of the mess hall to stack them all up.

After that, we had about an hour before the next activity. So, we had our girls pack up all their stuff and get it into our cars. That way when we were done, we could just leave and not be stuck packing.

 They had everyone meet in this big open field, and they split all the girls into 4 groups. They rotated through playing 4 different games. I was in charge of this one, which was them standing in a circle. There were 5 beach balls that had different questions on them that they threw to each other. The idea was that they answer the question that their right thumb landed closest to. They told the person on either side of them the answer, and then towards the end of the rotation I went around the circle and had each girl tell me something about the YW on her right.

The other rotations were a water balloon toss, a human knot, and moving a hula hoop down the row w/out letting go of the person's hand next to you.

 After all the girls had gone through all 4 rotations, they were brought back to camp where we blindfolded them and they did a tree of life activity.

 They had to hold onto this string and not be swayed by different voices to let go and follow the wrong path.

 If they stayed on the right path, it led to this "tree of life" that had little white packets tied to it. In the packets were some spiritual bookmarks and gifts. After everyone had completed the course, Sis. F gave the final remarks and we were done!

Here's our awesome group picture of everyone at Stake Beehive Camp wearing our camp shirts (they took this pic on the morning of the 2nd day). We gathered up all our girls and were the first group out of there!

We had the parents meet us at the grocery store parking lot near the freeway where they had dropped their girls off at 12:15ish. I have to be honest and say that I was NOT excited to go to Beehive Camp. I had to take an extra 3 days off from work, I had just finished our ward camp last week, I hate the heat, etc. But, I am so thankful that I went. It ended up being a lot of fun. Plus, I'm thankful I got to spend time w/ the new Beehives and get to know them better. I'm beyond grateful to Sis. B for coming to camp. What a trooper, especially since it's not even part of her calling.

 Riannon had texted me this picture earlier in the day of the girls eating popsicles outside in the shade b/c it was already getting so hot. Such little cuties!

I went and got Autumn at 1:00, and we came home, unloaded the car, and I went straight to the shower. It felt so good to be clean and not be sweaty as soon as I got out of the shower. Since we had the whole afternoon to ourselves, I asked Autumn if she wanted to go see The Jungle Book or the new Finding Dory movie. I thought she would for sure jump at the chance to go see a movie in the theater, but she said she just wanted to stay home in our pajamas and watch movies at home. That sounded great to me. So, we watched "Once I Was A Beehive," "Parent Trap," and "Hello, Dolly!" It was a great way to unwind from the past 2 weeks of camp. I feel rested and relaxed and ready to tackle all the work I have to catch up on tomorrow.

No comments: