CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 2, 2016

Sandwich Making, Yard Working, Zorro Watching

 We got up at 7:30 this morning so we could get ready, stop by WalMart really quick to get bread (I forgot to buy some the other day), and head to the "making sandwiches for the homeless" location. We wanted to get there early so we could get a table inside in the air conditioning.

 Our usual lady that we sit with was out of town w/ her family, and it ended up just being Nick & Autumn & me at our own table. We had a good system down and got a lot of sandwiches made. Autumn's got her "game face/serious mode" face on.

 When we got home, Nick & I got busy doing some yard work. I edged the lawn b/c it hadn't been done in a while and our yard looked so ghetto compared to everyone else on our street. If I stood on the sidewalk and looked up and down the street everyone else had theirs edged but us! Then I did some weeding and Nick did some pruning. By the time I got done my face was BRIGHT RED from the exertion and heat. I got some water and laid down on the tiled kitchen floor to cool off.

While we were outside working, Autumn was inside cleaning her room. She has been "organizing" for weeks and I told her it was time to move onto the "putting away" part of the process. She was so proud of herself and couldn't wait to show me what it looked like. I'm thrilled I can actually see the floor again!

While she was working on her room, I was preparing treats & handouts for my YW lesson tomorrow about temple ordinances and also for the patriotic spiritual thought in ward council. Autumn got done around 4:00 so we went over to Mom & Dad's house to swim for a while. We swam for about an hour and a half and then went in the house and watched The Legend of Zorro. It was a good & productive Saturday.

No comments: