CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 24, 2016

Merry Christmas Eve

 We got up, had breakfast, and then went and saw the first showing of "Sing." It was a cute movie and it was great to be together.
 
 We spent the rest of the day watching movies, eating, taking naps, etc. I came home for about an hour to get some things, take a shower, and get some clean clothes for Autumn. Mom & I made the traditional scrapple tonight so we can have it for breakfast tomorrow morning.
 
 We were just finishing up dinner when there was a knock at the door. It was the Jones family coming to carol to Mom. It's a tradition they've been doing for years, and it makes her whole Christmas.
 
 We're so thankful that Nick & Nate got home from work safe & sound so we could spend Christmas Eve evening together. Since there are 15 of us now, we decided to pick names for gifts instead of trying to get gifts for everyone. We opened our gifts to each other tonight.
 
 I picked Jackson's name and when I saw this huge box of Snickers at WalMart, I knew I had to get it for him. He LOVED it!
 
 Riannon got my name & Olivia got Lexie's name. Riannon was SO EXCITED to give us our gifts. They were legit Caboodles from the 1980's that she got off of Ebay! How cool. I LOVED my Caboodle, so this was a fun throwback present.
 
 After we opened the gifts to each other, I said I had a family gift. I put on a DVD of highlights of home videos of us from the late 80's. It was SO FUNNY! I took most of Mom & Dad's old VHS & 8 mm home videos & sent them off to Legacybox to have them digitized.
 
 Riannon was jealous/mad that she didn't get a blue African mumu from when Lexie & Mom & Autumn & I got one in February. So, for Christmas we ALL got new ones! YAY!!!
 
Riannon made all of us girls some homemade facial scrubs & bath bombs.

We had to get a family picture before finally calling it a night at 9:40 so the kids could get to bed & Santa could come! What a FABULOUS Christmas Eve with people I LOVE.

No comments: