CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 1, 2017

"Ring In The Valiant Men"

 Our church time moved to a later time this year, so Autumn & I were able to sleep in. Christy wanted to come over for brunch, but I had ward council. So, she came over a little early and I made crepes for her & Autumn. Then she stayed w/ Autumn & brought her to church at the right time while I went to ward council. We sang this hymn at the close of sacrament meeting today, and I usually don't like it at all b/c it sounds like a funeral dirge. But today the first line of the 3rd verse stood out to me and all of a sudden I changed my attitude about the song ... "ring in the valiant men." I'm ALL for that!!! LOL.

Young Women's today was really good. We were all combined & Sis. Hall taught. We talked about the 3 members of the Godhead. She had us pair up and read some scriptures about each member of the Godhead & write down what we learned. One thing that really stood out to me that I had never noticed before was in 1 Corinthians 2:10. It says "for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God." I clicked on the link to see what the footnote for searcheth was. It said "explores or investigates." I found that so fascinating, b/c I had never thought of the Spirit having to search for truth. But it makes complete sense, b/c how else can He testify to us of the truthfulness of all things if He doesn't know all truth? Some deep & insightful thoughts and something I'll need to research and look into more.

Christy came over after church, so I hurried and threw together a taco salad for lunch. She stayed until 8:00 and did rainbow looms w/ Autumn. We also watched Hairspray Live! that we had recorded on TV. It was fun spending the day w/ her and I'm so glad she feels comfortable being around us.

No comments: