Saturday, February 4, 2017

SUPER Saturday

 We got up this morning & went over to Mom & Dad's house at 7:00 to make breakfast. We did Texas shaped waffles and biscuits w/ sausage gravy. It was so delicious and a great way to start the day.
 We went & picked up Autumn's friend Madison and then headed off to make meals for the homeless.
 It was fun to share this tradition that Autumn & I have w/ Madison, Spencer, and Frank.
 Here are the sandwiches that the whole group this morning made. So neat! It was wonderful to be "anxiously engaged in a good cause."
We had to leave just a little bit early so we could go and drop Madison off at her volleyball game. They are such cute friends!
After we dropped her off, we went to Cheddar's for lunch. They've never had it before and we were excited to share it w/ them. We had to get the tower of onion rings for an appetizer, and a cookie monster for dessert. I also ordered the 1/2 Monte Cristo sandwich, which I shared w/ Frank. We were both oohing and aahing over how sinfully delicious it is. We've both lost a lot of weight recently, but decided that calories were out the window this weekend and that we were going to enjoy ourselves.
We came back to the house to relax, digest our food, and hang out. Madison's Mom dropped her off after her volleyball game so that the girls could play and have fun. We ended up making brownies b/c I keep telling Frank that he's earning all these "brownie points." I happened to have some $1 store chef hats, which made it even more fun.
Madison's Mom came to pick her up at 5:30, and we were sad to see her go. It was such a fun playdate for Autumn today. We loaded into Frank's truck and went to WalMart to get him a white shirt for church tomorrow. Spencer & I talked him into staying until after church tomorrow instead of them going home tonight.
We were going to go bowling, but it was going to be over an hour long of waiting. So, we ended up going over to Nate & Riannon's so they could meet Spencer & Frank. Stella warmed right up to Spencer & they became fast friends. So cute!

It was fun to be together and just laugh & talk & joke around. We came back to our house, watched a show on TV for a while, and then we finally called it a night at 10:30. We took them back over to Mom & Dad's house and said our good byes until tomorrow.
Also, Frank has already fixed a few different things around my house. The heater console was flashing that the batteries were low. I had no idea where the panel was to replace them, but he took care of that for me. Then the door from the laundry room to the garage kept rubbing against the door jamb and making a HORRIBLE sound every time we opened the door. I was so worried we had foundation issues, but Frank just tightened a few loose screws and it doesn't make a sound at all! He's so handy & great at fixing things.

No comments: