CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 3, 2017

Frank & Spencer

Back on Wed 1/25, Frank & I started talking on the phone. We met on LDSplanet.com a few weeks ago when I "liked" one of his pictures and asked what American Indian tribe he is from. He commented back and we exchanged a few back & forth messages. Then I didn't hear from him for about 2 weeks. I didn't think anything of it and had written him off as not interested. Then all of a sudden I got a message from him. We started up the conversation again and ended up talking to each other over the phone on Wed 1/25.
 
We've been talking on the phone into the wee hours of the morning since then. We've also been texting throughout the day. We were getting along really well, so we decided that we'd better meet in person to see if there was a connection. We set a date for him to come down & meet Autumn & me. His son Spencer said that he wanted to come also, and I said the more the merrier.
 
 4:00 today could NOT get here fast enough!!! I made sure that the house was all nice & clean before we left this morning. We also left these goodies & treats out on the counter for Frank & Spencer since they're some of their favorites & also a few inside jokes.
 
 I changed into the outfit that Liz picked out when I picked Autumn up from daycare. We were both so giddy & excited & nervous that we could barely contain our joy!
 
 We got to the house, and Frank & Spencer were already there. They had gotten there a little bit before us. I had given them the garage code so they could go inside and wait for us. When I saw Frank for the first time, I just gave him a tight hug for a good 3 - 4 minutes and neither of us let go. The tears were freely flowing!!! He was so sweet & had brought me a bouquet of tiger lily flowers, which are some of my favorites.
 
 I already warned him about how much I LOVE pictures, so we had to get our first group selfie.
 
 His Mom made this adorable sock monkey for Autumn. The reason it's holding a box of honey buns is a funny inside joke. A few days ago I was telling Autumn that his nickname is Dink, and I was asking Autumn if I should call him Dink or Frank when I meet him in person. Without missing a beat, and w/ a completely serious face she said, "Mom! Just call him 'honey buns'!" LOL!
 
 We gave Frank & Spencer a quick tour of our house, and then we went over to Mom & Dad's at 5:30 for dinner. Maggie had asked a few weeks ago if I would be willing to help her find a name on FamilySearch to take to the temple. We had Ollie North chicken, twice baked potatoes, and corn on the cob. It was incredibly delicious.
 
 After dinner Maggie said that we could do the FamilySearch name another time. So, we hurried and jumped in Frank's truck and went to see "A Dog's Purpose" at the theater. It was a sweet & tender movie.
 
 After that, we stopped at the grocery store on the way home to get some things to donate to feed the homeless for tomorrow. It was so fun to do normal everyday things w/ Frank & Spencer. They have such a close & special relationship.
 
 We came home & Autumn was so excited to see a box on the porch for her. It was an awesome Christmas/birthday present from Jason & Nicole. She spent the rest of the evening sitting at the kitchen counter working on these fun Moana Lego sets.
 
We watched some basketball (Spencer loves basketball) and then finally took the back over to Mom & Dad's house to sleep upstairs around 11:00. It was a WONDERFUL evening and we can't wait to see what tomorrow brings. Autumn looked so stinkin' cute sleeping w/ her sock monkey from Frank's Mom.


No comments: