CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 9, 2017

But The Most Beautiful Things In Life Are Not Things ...

We had Stake Conference today, but we didn't go. Our beloved Stake President was released b/c he has been called as an Area 70. We didn't go, b/c Frank & I went over to Mom & Dad's house to talk w/ Pam. Her 7 year old grandson was killed in a tragic car accident on Friday night, and she's been staying at Mom & Dad's house & using my blue car to get around and take care of funeral arrangements. She wanted to talk, and she also needed a blessing. So many tears were shed, but the Spirit was also really strong. Nate stopped by, and so he and Frank gave her a blessing.

 We finally came home, b/c we needed to check on the kids and make sure they hadn't destroyed the house. I made some Sis. Jones chicken w/ rice & a salad for lunch. Everyone liked it, but it will take some adjusting to figure out what they do and don't like to eat. I love being able to sit down together as a family and enjoy a meal and talk.

 I don't know if Frank's going to be able to come down next weekend, so I gave him an early Easter present. He LOVES the old movie Camelot, so I gave it to him on DVD. We watched part of it, but then turned it off when Nate & Riannon came by to eat. Grant tried on this old wig from one of Autumn's dolls and he TOTALLY looked like & acted just like Selena's boyfriend from the movie! It was a little eerie.

 I got to rock Spencer to sleep and he fell asleep on my chest. I was in 7th Heaven. Nate decided that he wanted Frank & I to get married this coming Saturday. He even called my Bishop to see if he would perform the ceremony! If we did it on Saturday, then Mom & Dad would be able to come before they leave for South Africa. It was all so exciting & everything was lining up. However, I didn't feel good about it. So, we made everyone go upstairs, and Frank & I talked and prayed about it and decided against it. But, a lot of good came out of it. It gave me the feeling that it's OK to really start moving forward w/ getting this temple sealing clearance letter going. Plus, it brought Frank & I even closer together.

By the time that was all decided, it was way past time for Frank & the boys to be on the road. It gets harder and harder every single time when they have to leave. It's amazing just how much love I feel for each and every person in this picture. I saw this quote on Facebook & love it:

"But the most beautiful things in life are not things. They're people, and places, and memories, and pictures. They're feelings, and moments, and smiles, and laughter." 

I think that's the perfect way to sum up this weekend. It was full of all of those things and more. After everyone left, Autumn & I cleaned up the house a little bit and then just vegged out & rested. It was a FULL weekend!

No comments: