CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 8, 2017

Renaissance Fair

 Autumn & I got up early this morning & got the house picked up & cleaned off the kitchen counters. Then we headed to her volleyball game. I got to be a line judge and we won our first 2 games and lost our third. But the girls did great and have improved so much from last year.

 Frank & the boys also got up early this morning to head down our way for the weekend. Frank knows how much I LOVE bluebonnets, so they stopped and got some pictures for me. Once they got to our house, we had some pizza & salad for lunch and then we loaded up in our cars and hit the road. 

 Siri took us on a few wrong turns in downtown Dallas, which was pretty stressful there for a while. But, we finally made it to the Renaissance Festival!

 Frank is definitely our "King of the Castle" and we're all his peasants. LOL.

The first thing we did was go to a "Birds of Prey" show. It was really fascinating to see the birds and learn all about them. The lady on the far right is holding an American Bald Eagle!

 We walked around, checked stuff out, and of course had to partake in the fair food. Big ol' turkey legs were definitely on the list of things to try. My favorite food of the day was "key lime pie on a stick." It was super good!

 There were these high flying trampolines that all the boys wanted to try. Grant went the highest & was doing a ton of flips. It was so cool to watch and looked like a ton of fun.

 My knight in shining armor at the Renaissance Festival.

 The boys went off to do their own thing and have some fun. Frank & Autumn & I watched a glass blowing demonstration for a little bit, but it got boring and was too hot so we left. They had A BLAST throwing tomatoes at this guy. He was yelling out all sorts of funny insults.

 Autumn looked like a princess in this BEAUTIFUL flower/garland crown that Frank got for her. I got choked up a few times when Autumn (on her own) reached out and held Frank's hand as we walked around the fair grounds together. I'm so thankful for his positive influence in her life already.

 I am so thankful for every single person in this picture. I have so much love for Frank's boys. It's crazy to think that we met Frank & Spencer in person just a little over 2 months ago. I already feel like we're a family.

 We were at the fair for 4 1/2 hours! We made so many great memories and had such an amazing time.

 Food at the fair is so stinkin' expensive, so we stopped at Taco Bell on the way home to grab some dinner. When we got home, I surprised Frank w/ an early Easter present. In a conversation a long time ago, he had mentioned how as a kid he loved the movie Darby O'Gill & The Little People. So, I filed that away in my memory and ended up ordering it on Amazon for him when I needed to order some car seat covers for the new car. When I handed it to him, he was so happy & surprised. We watched it w/ the kids and they all loved it.

 After the movie, we realized we needed to get a blow up mattress for one of the boys to sleep on, so we ran to WalMart. Frank let me drive his truck, which was so fun. It was awesome walking around WalMart together so late at night. We had a lot of fun. When we got home, we were sitting out in the truck talking about what a wonderful day it had been, when Mason came out of the house looking like this!!! We both looked at each other like, "What in the world? What does the house look like if this is what Mason looks like?" The boys had been playing "Pie Face" using peanut butter!

They wanted us to try it, but I didn't want peanut butter all over my face, so we used sour cream instead. We were all laughing so hard. Then the boys started doing some beat boxing music. I couldn't believe that we were partying at 1:30 in the morning! We are going to be so tired tomorrow, but it's so worth it!

No comments: