CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 6, 2017

Restful Sunday

 One of the (MANY) things I LOVE about Frank is that he works right along side me. I was busy getting food ready for dinner, and he jumped right in and asked what he could do to help. SO ATTRACTIVE!!! It means the world to me that we're both hard workers and that we enjoy helping each other in any way that we can.

 Even though it's right during nap time, I'm thankful that we have church later in the afternoon so we had more time to get ready & get there on time. We are sure missing having the older boys with us today!

 Another thing that I LOVE about Frank is that he's such a good Dad & he loves babies. We got to team tag taking care of Spencer today. He taught Sunday School for the first time in his new calling today, so I kept Spencer during the 2nd hour. Then I had to conduct the meeting in Relief Society, so he kept Spencer during 3rd hour. A man holding a sleeping baby is so attractive!!!

 We came home, ate our delicious meal, and then watched some TV. Spencer was leaning over to pick something up off the floor when I saw it start moving! It ended up being a little gecko! Frank picked it up to take it outside & said, "well, thanks for helping me save 15% on my car insurance little buddy." It hit me as so funny, and I laughed and laughed and laughed. He's so quick witted!

 One of our dear friends in the ward went in for knee surgery earlier this week, so we made some brownies to take to him at the rehabilitation center. He wasn't feeling up to having visitors, so we texted his daughter (who we knew was there visiting him) & she said to come by & she'd come out and get the brownies. It was nice to get out of the house for a little bit (even though I didn't even change out of my pajamas).

 Spencer found this cloth sack that used to have a pair of sheets in it. After he was done playing w/ it, Frank put it on his head to show me how "gangsta" he is. I was really surprised that he actually does look good being all hard core!

We finally got all the kids to bed at about 9:00 & it was SO NICE to have quiet alone time together. Frank had never tried a nose strip before, so we did that while laying in bed talking & watching TV. I love it that he's so much fun & is up for trying new things. I'm so thankful for the weekends where we get to rest from our usual work & spend time together & make memories.

1 comment:

Jen T said...

You have had a busy week with the extra kids! Glad things seem to be going well! Love the nose strip picture! So good to see you so happy!!! Enjoy your week!