CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 26, 2017

Temple & Family Time

 Frank & I got up this morning, dropped Autumn off at cheer practice, and then went to the temple. We didn't make it in time to do a session, so we did sealings instead. It was such a NEAT experience to kneel at the same altar where we were sealed 3 months ago (tomorrow) and hear those promises again, but this time for others.

I read this quote from Elder Deiter F. Uchtdorf earlier this week and it really stuck w/ me and made an impact:

"the temple teaches us about the sacred purpose of life and helps us get our true physical, spiritual, and emotional bearings." Frank & I both definitely felt that today & we talked about it on the way home.

 We got Autumn from cheer practice, came home, got some stuff done around the house, and then we braved the Saturday afternoon crowds at Costco. We got a pizza for lunch/dinner and a few other things we needed.

At 6:30, the missionaries came over so we could meet the new Elder G. They had already eaten dinner, but they were happy to have some ice cream. Frank & I have both felt strongly that we need to start using "Preach My Gospel" for our Family Home Evening lessons w/ the kids. It will help them learn the gospel & prepare to go on missions. We stopped by the bookstore on the way home from the temple, and got 5 books. A tender mercy happened, b/c I had bought a white temple shirt a few weeks ago, but it was too short (tall people problems). I returned it today, and it was only 82 cents off from the cost of the Preach My Gospel books that we bought. Anyways, we had the missionaries share some thoughts & insights w/ us on how we can best use these books to help teach the kids.

Spencer went to a stake youth dance, so we went to WalMart to get some groceries while we waited to pick him up. We got home, and I had all those sacks of groceries on my arm, and the sack w/ the brand new container of laundry detergent broke & the container busted all over the floor! I couldn't walk anywhere b/c it was all over my shoes and it was SUPER slippery! Frank ran and got a big blanket to soak it up, and we'll just have to spray it off outside. If we put that much detergent in the washer at once, we'll have another mess of suds everywhere.

Once most of it was soaked up, we used paper towels to get the rest. Then, I mopped up the residue still on the floor. On the positive side, the house smells really good and the floor is so clean that we could eat off of it. LOL! What a crazy way to end our Saturday.

No comments: